English / French Speaking accountant required ?

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Nina

English / French Speaking accountant required ?

Post by Nina »

at present Im just buying a ski chalet in France and am having problems finding an accountant who can help me register for French VAT and fill returns for me.
Can anyone make a recommendation to me ??
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Nina,

I use:-
  • Albert Molder
    Anthony & Cie
    Villantipolis
    473 Route des Dolines
    06560 Valbonne
    Sophia Antipolis

Tel: 04 93 65 32 23
    E-mail: info@antco.com
He is multi-lingual.

Alan
Marion

Post by Marion »

Depending on your income, it may be better for you to use the "regime micro-foncier". With this you do not have to keep separate receipts etc, but it is calculated on paying tax on something like 28% of your gross rental income.

We also need to do this, so I am not exactly sure how it works. Please see this link on Anglo Info http://riviera.angloinfo.com/forum/topi ... ent+rental
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

I am on regime micro-foncier (micro-bic) and I find it most advantageous. I continue to keep detailed records but I don't have to produce them for tax purposes - a fixed percentage of my rental income is allowed against tax. Even though I am of state retirement age it does involve a small social security payment.

However one can't dip in and out of micro-bic and it is "swings and roundabouts". In a year of very high expenditure you would be caught for more tax because your actual expenditure could be more than the tax free element (not likely, but possible).

Why do you want to register for French VAT? It's not normally necessary for running self-catering properties.

The answer is - take professional advice.

Alan
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I can second the Anthony & Cie recommendation. :)
Brooke