And you thought you could get rid of me!!!

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Paul Carmel

And you thought you could get rid of me!!!

Post by Paul Carmel »

Starting to plan the winter :shock: I think the bank will be Halifax Hispania, Now it's down to mobile phones, going to need 2 as we both will be working ( due to a crap session) Any thoughts on providers, Good bad and one's to avoid?
Cheers
PC
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

Hi Paul,
We use Halifax.es also. It's a useful conduit if you have a Halifax UK account because money is transferable between the two countries - no charge. Interest on savings has dropped too low 2.5 % and other Spanish banks offer more than that but if you need it for current money only, it shouldn't be a problem.
If you need two phones you could try VODAFONE. We have two phones on the same account. The second phone automatically costs 10 €per month whether you call or not, standard charge.
It has worked quite well for us in keeping the bills down.
We pay average €60 pcm for the two on one contract.
Never had any problems with them so far.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

fincafern wrote: It's a useful conduit if you have a Halifax UK account because money is transferable between the two countries - no charge.
Don't want to thread creep here - but if anyone knows of any other banks that offer a similar partnership with a French bank, please PM me and I'll start a new thread...
Holiday Almeria

Post by Holiday Almeria »

We currently have a Barclays Spain Solutions account, but only because my Wife is staff and we get reduced charges on it. They have now started a new account which is fee free so long as you deposit €750pm. We would move over to that account, but can't guarantee to pay in the required amount every month. Barclays also now have a fee free funds transfer service from UK to Spain and vice versa. Not sure what rates they give though.

We bought a Vodafone PAYG sim. Can't remember call charges at the moment, but seem to be reasonable. They also have a English number for gaining remaining credit and for speaking to someone if you have a problem.

Mark
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Thanks fincafern! With the phone contract are you tied in for 12 months?
Cheers
PC
mimosa

Post by mimosa »

Hubby and I are on a Movistar contract (minimum 18 euros a month in calls both phones combined) Daughter is on Movistar pay as you go, which I might go back to as I don't use my phone much and the other bill would go down to 9 euros. You normally get a free phone with both deals but depending on the phone the contract has a bind.
Very reliable though.
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

Yes, Paul, sorry I forgot to add that - it is a yearly contract.