How Successful H-R HLettings OD for UK Holidays?

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
apexblue

How Successful H-R HLettings OD for UK Holidays?

Post by apexblue »

Do any UKers advertise on H-R OD and/or HLettings and if so what is your success rate like with them?
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

We used to advertise with OD and they were very good initially, but this then declined and when we increased from one property to three they would not offer a discount for additional properties, so we went elsewhere. WE have never advertised with H-R as I don't like them particularly, but looks like we will be soon as we advertise with HLN :( . Have always advertised with HL and they are our best performer, but their listing prices have rocketed and there have been other issues with them. For this reason have not relisted one of our properties with HL and gone to OD to give them another go. As has been said a few times re listing sites, its difficult to be prescriptive, as what works for one owner may not necessarily work for another.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

We were with H-R and we did get about 10% of enquiries and bookings, however, their charges are very high - for the two flats it was going to cost something like £320 to renew, and that wasn't even with listings on other associate websites.

We also advertise with Homelidays and for us, they have been absolutely fantastic with 90% of our bookings coming from them, at a cost of something like 140 euro to renew for the year.

We get bookings from them all year round. So we have dumped H-r and are just using Homelidays at the moment. I'm looking around for other sites, might go back to H-R, but only if I have to.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
windrush

Post by windrush »

We're on HLettings as well as a couple of other sites, and we've found it the hands-down winner for enquiries and bookings. A lot of people on here don't seem to rate it very highly but it's been very successful for us.
goosie

Post by goosie »

tried od this year but have been disappointed in comparison to both hl and h-r (unfortunately!). I'm interested that you think homelidays was good for bookings, we did the free trial and got nada, zilch not a peep from them so, not suprisingly wasn't keen to fork out for that one.

The niche sites do better pound for pound for us at the moment (child focused websites!)
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

I think it really does depend on location.

My places are in London so I'm looking at the european market, whereas in the cotswolds, I assume you're aiming at UK clientele mainly. So my best marketplace is a european website, whereas those of you in hot UK tourist holiday spots will want a site that's well known to UK clients.

I'm pretty sure I tried Holiday lettings at one point - got a few bookings from it but nothing to write home about so I dropped them.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......