Change in CdH and TdH rules ?

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Hollywoodjac86

Change in CdH and TdH rules ?

Post by Hollywoodjac86 »

I have heard from two different sources that anyone running a chambre d'hôte or table d'hôte will have to do some sort of compulsory course (costing about 700 to 800€) in hygene, alcohol etc etc. This even goes for B&B where no evening meal is involved.

So far I have been unable to verify this - no-one seems to know about it ! Yet I saw a posting (sorry, can't remember where ) :oops: and the writer said she had had to do a course in Paris to this effect.

Does this ring any bells ?
Hollywoodjac86
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Well i have just been re inspected and nothing like this was said to us at the inspection and nothing has been received from them by post either.

I was told that any body needing a licence to serve wine with the table d hote, that applied after april this year would then have to go on this course and in our region was told the fee was 900€

On our licence there is no expiry date so have not had to re apply
Nessie
TTP mk2

Post by TTP mk2 »

I heard something about that earlier in the year but was told it only applied to new establishments.
Fifi

Post by Fifi »

It also probably depends on which departement you are in, whether (s)he at the douanes is in a good mood, and the individual interpretation of the rules by whoever it is who interprets these things.

This is not gospel, but I think it only applies to new applications for a type 3 licenses, bearing in mind the above caveats.

I would simply contact your local douanes, tell them you want a license for table d'hote and see what they say. Once you have the license, it is for ever, so probably a poor idea to volunteer this information to them, just in case they haven't decided to apply the new rules yet in your departement....could save you a fortune :D
People who arrive after 10pm, shouldn't expect a hug.....
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

I think it is being discussed here:

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums ... wPost.aspx

It doesn't seem to apply to chambre d'hotes - which isn't to say that some parts of officialdom won't interpret it that way.