En-suite bathroom or sauna?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

la vache! wrote:And what is the proportionate headcount to bathrooms? Visit England, for example, require 1 bathroom per headcount of 8 for a 4* property.
No wonder the UK gets a bad name - I know everyone on this forum does a lot better than this, but really? What Victorian planet are V-E living on?

That is unbelievable. I wouldn't even consider it, how can we insult our visiters in this way?

Mols :cry:
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

LoL! my Dad's bigger than your Dad! I can do 6 bathrooms for 10 people!

B****r on changeover day and they're not really bathrooms, just shower rooms, but a lot of blooming loos to clean so I'd happily give some away!
The Stig

Post by The Stig »

la vache! wrote:[And what is the proportionate headcount to bathrooms? Visit England, for example, require 1 bathroom per headcount of 8 for a 4* property.
I guess it's up for discussion, isn't it? It makes me laugh, tho, when people advertise "Luxury Property, sleeps 8" or 4* rating, and it only has one bathroom. Visit England in my opinion must be living in the past, if that's their criteria. Headcount was clearly an inappropriate word to use. I would expect a house sleeping 8 people to have at least 3 bathroom/shower/wcs. Imagine waiting your turn and being 8th in the queue first thing in the morning. No thanks! especially having a 90 year old father, who takes at least an hour to shower/shave each morning
Martha

Post by Martha »

I think the en-suite would probably be a bigger draw and sounds like it would be best for your situation. Having said that, ours is very popular with loads of guests commenting on how they've loved it. It's outdoor and wood-burning and really beautiful!
In winter:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chaletlaforet/3116519234/
In summer:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chaletlaforet/3746187103/
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
catherinedonegal

Post by catherinedonegal »

we rented a house last weekend and it had a sauna. we never bothered with it once. and (of course) i read through the guest book which was packed with lovely comments about the house, the area, the friendliness of the locals, etc. but not one comment about the sauna so maybe the majority of people don't really care about them?
enid

Post by enid »

Not many people comment about ours in the guest book but lots use it and tell us how much they enjoyed it - it is extra work and you have to be very careful with cleanliness. I still vote for the en suite though
catherinedonegal

hi enid.

i thought it was a great asset myself (though i don't use them because i have very dry, sensitive skin and they're not good for me). indeed i was a tad jealous and mentioned to husband i'd love to get one for daisy cottage. he told me i couldn't afford one, but that never stopped me before lol so you never know.

but i thought the guestbook would have had lots of comments about it. maybe some take it for granted?
enid

Post by enid »

maybe some take it for granted?

Lots of the bookings without children - my 30 somethings I call them -say the health suite was a reason for choosing us.I adore it - on a winter evening after a day's work it is perfect to lie back and be massaged as you look at the stars.
catherinedonegal

i would love to have one for our guests. and indeed used to love saunas myself (prior to skin bother). used to stay in as hot as poss and then leap into the cold pool and then back into heat. wonderful. :)
Windy

Post by Windy »

used to stay in as hot as poss and then leap into the cold pool and then back into heat. wonderful. Smile
Just like the LMH forum really :lol:
catherinedonegal

Windy wrote:
used to stay in as hot as poss and then leap into the cold pool and then back into heat. wonderful. Smile
Just like the LMH forum really :lol:
good analogy windy. haven't really been here for so long but fully intend to dive back in. :D