Thank You LMH members

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Scottish Squirrel

Thank You LMH members

Post by Scottish Squirrel »

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this site.

I found it by accident a few years ago when we were starting up our self catering business and found the information so valuable. I was and am, humbled that people are willing to share their experiences, good and bad, successes and mistakes, with others - at no cost.

Not being internet savvy, I didn't book mark the site so never got round to registering and promptly forgot the name of the site.

I found it again the other day and registered straight away.

Hopefully I can still learn from all the collective experience that is here and maybe offer some too.

Thank you again.
Karen
The seeds we sow today
determine the kind of fruit we'll reap
tomorrow
tansy

Post by tansy »

How nice of you say... welcome, and I certainly hope you become an active member...
it's all a learning curve!
Ju

Post by Ju »

Yes it is nice to know we manage to help people ( we certainly help each other :D ) Welcome abord!
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Yes, welcome Karen!
And now that you have a few years experience under your belt, we look forward to reading your posts too! :wink: :D
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Welcome Scottish Squirrel from a Cumbrian Squirrel!

The amount of help we've had from others on this forum in the short time since I discovered it has been invaluable, so I'd like to add my thanks to all as well!
lorca

Post by lorca »

Greenbarn wrote:Welcome Scottish Squirrel from a Cumbrian Squirrel!

The amount of help we've had from others on this forum in the short time since I discovered it has been invaluable, so I'd like to add my thanks to all as well!

me too ( the welcome and the thanks!)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Yes, welcome Karen!
And now that you have a few years experience under your belt, we look forward to reading your posts too!
:wink:

Yep, always nice to have new posters, and theres always room for another Squirrel or two :wink: :D
Scottish Squirrel

Post by Scottish Squirrel »

Wow, what a warm welcome.

Hi to everyone.

Just looking through some of the subjects and answers I don't think I can add anything! You are all so well versed.

I am enjoying looking through some of your websites.

I'm trying to revamp our terms and conditions to deter guests from smoking within the apartments - even though there are no smoking signs, and it's on the booking form they sign, but there are still the odd determined ones. arg!

Will keep looking through the site to see if anyone has found the perfect solution!

Looking forward to sharing with you all.

Thanks again,
Karen
The seeds we sow today
determine the kind of fruit we'll reap
tomorrow
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Welcome indeed SS. I am sure you will find there is lots you can contribute.

Re the smoking: I have recently inserted a clause into the conditions that says we will deduct a MINIMUM of €50 from the deposit if it is obvious from the state of the house and the smell that the no smoking rule has not been observed. I am quite sure that our Spanish guests still smoke inside but it has not been obvious so they must be doing something to get rid of the smell, presumably because they don't want to lose the money.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com