Surplus of peaches?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
la vache!

Surplus of peaches?

Post by la vache! »

Does anyone have any suggestions of can be done with peaches? We have had a bumper crop this year and I am at a loss as what to do with them...
centime

Post by centime »

:D Are they organic (meaning bio)? You can try juicing them or freezing. Your local Biocoop may want them if they were certified (not mad :x , just certified bio). If you are into bio (organic) I can tell you about our Wild Red Sockeye Salmon from Alaska...later! :(
Lisbon the lovely, Lisbon the fair, never to have seen her is to miss something rare!
enid

Post by enid »

We bottle ours. Then all winter we have lovely desserts - just put in a dish - add a little sugar then bake . For tips on bottling just do a search - there is lots of info.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Susan,
There are some answers to that question further along in the "pasta sauce" thread, which is here -> viewtopic.php?t=1014&postdays=0&postord ... ce&start=0

I followed enid's suggestions and peeled some, pureed some, bottled some, froze some, hoping at least one version will work! Alan's recipes also look good, so I'm going to try that next.
Waves from America
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Thankyou Joanna for pointing me in that direction - I hadn't realised that the pasta sauce thread had developed into what to do with peaches. And thankyou Alan - I will give your recipes a try!