OT: coach hire price

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
Musetta

OT: coach hire price

Post by Musetta »

long story...but I may be organizing a very large group trip to Italy. Well be staying in one place (i.e. I'm referring everyone to HRs in town, of course) but I want to organize airport transfers and a couple of daytrips. Has anyone hired a bus and driver for a group of about 20 people before - ANY idea of price range? (I have, of course, emailed and left messages with our local providers....but they are on So. Italy time and I am on NY time...if you know what I mean! and I'm hoping to get a kind of ball-park range) In the US, it is about $1000/day for a full day with driver for a full-sized bus (probably bigger than we need.) Do you think that is in the right price range? Thanks!!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

MUsetta, where in Italy? and when?
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

mentioned my hr to a homeschool group (I homeschool my son) and people were chatting, etc. so I mentioned that perhaps I should organize something for families to go over on a "school" trip - take classes like ceramics, cooking, cheese-making, etc. in town and a few daytrips to Pompeii and Amalfi, etc. and things have kind of taken off in the past couple of days and I'm getting loads and loads of of emails from interested families - don't really know what I've gotten myself into!! Late May or early September - probably looking more like September (gives me more time to get organized)

BTW - in case anyone else is in need, FINALLY found a site that gives online bus prices - http://www.airportconnection.it