end of season blues

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
tansy

end of season blues

Post by tansy »

I'm doing an Enid - little moan... I'm knackered, my hands & feet are all puffed up from being so tired, I can't think straight, my house is as if a bomb has gone off in parts as I don't get the time to keep my own house as I would like - the 2 rental properties are immaculate - but home.....that is a laugh! I have so many projects I'd like to do in the garden...again time!!

We've just had another couple stay with us - who treated the place like a hotel, except I didn't get left a tip on the table.

We have had my 83 year old mother in law stay with us for a month who believes that she shouldn't do anything as the Dr said to her 'we won't do anything until you have seen the physio' so she won't walk anywhere, we have to push her in a wheelchair when we go shopping or go anywhere else...she is not an easy person as you may have gathered! (Still she goes on Wednesday)

The houses are booked for another 3 weeks and we have yet more guests coming at the weekend - 2 more couples, bringing our total this summer to 35 in our home... it sounds dreadful but all I want to do now is close up the houses and forget about them for 4 months and for all our friends and family to give us a break ... but we are fully booked for half term as well as cousins wanting to come & visit us!!!

I'm sure in January/February I'll be chomping at the bit to get going again - but at the moment I just wish everyone would go away!!!

Thank you - feel better for a moan... I'm sure you all have a different slant on the end of season - we see Paul wants a proper bed! What do you want?

Please cheer me up! I'm sure it is just the big harvest full moon that is upsetting me - I'm a cancerian and we get quite affected by the moon!
it's all a learning curve!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I think you need to remember why you decided to do it in the first place. I know it gets a bit tiresome this time of year, but think of the positives! You have your business, you make your own own decisions and don't have to answer to anyone else. You meet all sorts of people and make some good friends from doing it. I know that I would rather work for myself than in a high pressure job in a large company as I used to do! Personally, I love September. Today, the sun is shining, I have given myself the afternoon off as my teaching as not yet started full time, the guests have gone out and I can sit by the pool and fall asleep. I couldn't do that before! :)
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Hi Tansy. Don't let it get ya down, as you say it is end of season blues. Mother in laws, ha! Mine is like Agnes, (Principal Skinners mother from The Simpsons.)

Anyway, here is a joke for you:

How can you tell if you are a chav/charva?
Your pit bull can jump through your earrings...

(I guess you have to be in the know on the whole social charva thing going on in the U.K for that one)
tansy

Post by tansy »

Sue....thank you - hit the right spot on both!! Except Agnes is a sweetie in comparison!!!
enid

Post by enid »

It's quite normal to have the blues a bit when you have been working so hard - just think of all those happy holiday makers who had a great experience because of you and all your hard work and thoughtful preparation. Plike us you need to think out your friends and family strategy a bit more - that's a lot of guests and whilst you are hosting them it's true that those jobs that would take a short while if done regularly, get missed and then build up into another major task. Luckily for us we are moving out of our part of the house into a gite as we are having all the floors redone so I don't feel too guilty about not cleaning. So have a bit of a moan and then look around you and you'll soon be thinking how lucky you !Get a mlassage or something - a little personal reward for all your hard work!
Ju

Post by Ju »

I know how you feel Tansy, especially about your own home! We have now come to the end of three years building work on the Gites, and the end of a very busy summer season. Our house is therefore an absolute tip, my washing pile is huge (I'm far too busy washing sheets to do my own washing) and we too have had guests all summer.

I am going to attack my house this week (well it will probably take several months if we are honest) and I am actually looking forward to winter - when no-one wants to visit. I have had enough of guests by this time of year, but I know that by next Easter I will be looking forward to meeting new people again.

It is hard work, but when the bookings start rolling in for next year it all seems worth it.

Keep smiling!

Ju
Maisy

Post by Maisy »

I was planning on calling in to see you for a cup of tea sometime this week - but maybe it will be safer if I leave it for a few more weeks :lol:
tansy

Post by tansy »

Maisy - don't be daft - you're always welcome - you know that!
Promise I won't download either - feeling a lot better in the head - but the body is trying to break down!

So call when you are coming this way - love to see you!