Catering for celiacs who are also non dairy

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Casamedialuna

Catering for celiacs who are also non dairy

Post by Casamedialuna »

Hi I am new to the forum and fairly new to the B&B industry. i have someone coming at the end of this week and she has just told me she is a celiac and non diary and also cannot eat egga, rice or avocados. I could cater for one diet but the combination has me a bit stuck in terms of what to give her for breakfast. They also want an evening meal and I am stuck for starter ideas and desserts. Main courses are not a problem. I have bought some gluten free museli and of course will put out soya yoghurts and fruit. She doesn't like gluten free bread. Any other ideas gratefully received.[/b]
B&B owner in Andalucia, running Argentine Tango holidays.
aasta

Post by aasta »

Hello...I would goggle for recipies.......there seems to be a growing number of folks who are afflicted with this and lots of recipies and alternative food stuff now on the market....
good luck!!!
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

As its non dairy you could google vegan recipes for interesting vegetable dishes, that way you are sure its non dairy.
Then you just cross check the ingredients to make sure they are gluten free.
This website gives a list of things to avoid or not for celiac sufferers.
http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddisease ... #treatment[/u]
brenda

Post by brenda »

We have regular visitors from Gibraltar one of whom is in the same dietary situation as your guest.

I Google for recipes for Dinner and there are always plenty to find. The web site address you have already been given is a Godsend.

Our guest only likes one specific type of Gluten free bread so always brings some with her and we make a nominal discount on the Breakfast price to allow for this.

Good luck with your B+B - we are only a few kilometers down the road from you and know Colmenar well.
Casamedialuna

Post by Casamedialuna »

Thanks very much for all your replies. Much appreciated.
B&B owner in Andalucia, running Argentine Tango holidays.