Oh this is exciting!

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
joyce

Oh this is exciting!

Post by joyce »

Our website went live just over a week ago and we put listings with H-R and a couple of IOW listings up a week ago and we already have 5 bookings!

That said, managing the flow of enquiries is turning into a second job!
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Well done, Joyce... that's great news! Are your bookings coming from HR predominantly?
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

BTW, your profile here links to theventnorhouse.co.uk and I think it's meant to be .com ...
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Well done - just hope your area on H-R is not overtaken by Sykes Cott as is the case in Conwy.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Welcome to LMH Joyce, Ventnor House looks absolutely stunning! Website is clean and simple, congratulations on your bookings.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
joyce

Post by joyce »

kendalcottages wrote:Well done, Joyce... that's great news! Are your bookings coming from HR predominantly?
Of the bookings three are from H-R and two from our own website. The H-R enquiries have been good ones though- five enquiries to three bookings. Whereas from the website it has been more like 8 enquiries to 2 bookings.

Thanks for the tip off re the website addy on my profile- my husband was supposed to have done a redirect but I guess that is still on his 'to do' list!
joyce

Post by joyce »

katiegirl wrote:Welcome to LMH Joyce, Ventnor House looks absolutely stunning! Website is clean and simple, congratulations on your bookings.
Thank you for the welcome Katiegirl. I've been lurking a lot over the past few months as the website has been an invaluable source of advice for a new owner :)
joyce

Post by joyce »

apexblue wrote:Well done - just hope your area on H-R is not overtaken by Sykes Cott as is the case in Conwy.
I've just checked on their website and there are only 14 properties on the whole of the IOW, so fingers crossed!
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Welcome to LMH joyce and good luck!