Septic inspections

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
aillis

Septic inspections

Post by aillis »

Has anyone had one yet they are charging 120€ per septic and as we have 6 we refused them access we want to negoiate a smaller ammount espcially as they are efficient and relatively new unlike our neighbour who has an old system which discharges into the ditch. Very amusing as he is the local Mr "environment" protesting against all new developements
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

That's funny. Our septic tank was inspected, photos taken, a delightful brochure with plastic binding produced- no doubt several copies were made - we were posted a copy. It shows the "regard", the situation of the tank on the hillside, many weeds and flowers - I'll refrain from adding it to my holiday letting site, although it is most professionally done. The funny part is that we haven't received a bill (it is nearly a year since it was done). Maybe the Mairie figures that since we pay a fortune in local taxes we can get this for free....... ?
Best,
Alexia.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

No inspection yet but no doubt it will happen eventually. My Mairie takes a "flexible" attitude towards adopting all these rules and regulations so it may be a long time in coming.

Alexia, photographs of two inspection covers, one for the fosse and one for the soak-away, will not be valuable marketing tools.

Alan
aillis

Post by aillis »

The people inspecting us are another department (neither DHAS or Marie ) it was the "Communate d' Agglomeration " of Lannion- Trgor which is 20 communes put together under Lannion ( local town ) another layer of buracracy
Stu

Post by Stu »

Nope, not had one here yet, but I did have the Maire round on Saturday to discuss the Permis de Construire for our grenier conversion. He didn't mention the Fosses, but was encouraged to see so many units on site!