wanadoo

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
marcus

Post by marcus »

Crystal,

I'll send you a query from your website form.
You send me an email response (so I know your email address)
I'll send you an email from my Wanadoo email

That way you'll know if you have any problems with Wanadoo
Cheers
Marcus
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Crystal,
Only people living in France use a wanadoo address. How many people from france have come to your place in the last 3 years (not everybody in France uses wanadoo)? Would you expect to get enquiries from your site from French people?
Best,
Alexia.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Alexia,

According to Wanadoo, they are major players in France UK Spain Netherlands Algeria Morocco Jordan Madagascar & Mauritius.

Of course not everyone in France uses Wanadoo but many do since Wanadoo is the "standard" internet if you are with France Telecom and the vast majority of telephone customer in France are.

Worrying though the possibility of missing out an a booking undoubtedly is, I think the really worring thing is that any person or organisation should put a blanket block on e-mails originating from any particular source. I regard it as intrusive and a complete and intolerable irresponsibilty on their part, individuals and organisations alike.

It could easily be regarded as prejudiced descrimination and we know how some people get over-excited when they imagine they see that sort of thing, don't we?

Alan
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Alexia, ( :? don't really know how to take your comment), but so far we've had 2 bookings from Denmark, 2 Sweden, 1 Finland, 2 Holland and enquiries from France, but no bookings (as yet!) Our first 'long-haul' guest came all the way from Brunei for a 2 week stay at our villa in September. So don't see why the French wouldn't want to book a villa in Spain.

(By the way all the bookings above came directly via our own website.)

Marcus..thank you for the test email..so obviously emails from wanadoo.fr are getting through. Have replied so let me know if you get it.
marcus

Post by marcus »

Crystal,
I've just sent you two emails - one from wanadoo.fr address, and another from hotmail.com to tell you that I've sent one from Wanadoo...hopefully you have received both
Cheers
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Crystal,
I think there are a couple of reasons why you get no French enquiries - firstly your site is lovely, but it is in English (the French are not as adept in English as some of the other European nationalities such as the Scandinavians and Dutch.) Secondly, your prices are quite expensive with regard to what the French are prepared to pay for a holiday and you also haven't got the prices in euros on your site. Just my opinion. I never get any French staying in the summer, only the winter when the prices are on a par with French owned gites.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Yep..they've both come through ok. So obviously I don't have a problem with wanadoo.fr :D
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi Susan

We have had enquiries from France, but no bookings as yet. We have our prices in GBP on the website but we do have the facility of a currency converter on our prices page. We haven't put down a static euro equivalent as the currency fluctuates so much. This way, any clients booking from a 'euro' country gets a fairer deal (I hope) from the current going rate at the time of booking.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Crystal wrote:Yep..they've both come through ok. So obviously I don't have a problem with wanadoo.fr :D
You will have no problem with using a Wanadoo e-mail address unless your correspondent or his/her supplier has ganged up with the anti-Wanadoo brigade.

Alan
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Crystal ("don't really know how to take your comment"), I only meant that French holiday-maers probably go to French sites for their holidays. We don't use a French site and we have only had 2 French families stay. I would be very surprised to receive an enquiry with a wanadoo address - and we are in the Var, the favourite destination for thE French.
Best,
Alexia.