Hosting Packages

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Hells Bells

Hosting Packages

Post by Hells Bells »

I currently have a Business package with 1and1. I've just received notice of a price hike from 8.99 to 12.99 per month from 1st May, so this is an ideal opportunity to look at moving the hosting.

Suggestions welcome.

I would like to move across several domain names, a Wordpress site, and emails.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

www.webhosting.uk.com/

£2.29 per month for more than you probably need !
Excellent customer service and uptime well over 99%.

Why pay more ?

[edit] That price is just for hosting. Domains are still cheap too
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
pete

Post by pete »

do you use them e-richard ?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Yes, I use them for a couple of small private sites, but also for my PIMS management system (although not the very basic package for that !)
** Richard
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

I use Clook ( I have a reseller package ) and have been very happy with their service and support.

They have simple hosting from GBP 5 per month at http://www.clook.co.uk/services/shared-hosting-uk

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Thanks, I have taken Richard's suggestion, and transferred my hosting and main domain name to Webhosting.uk.com. As soon as that is done, I will cancel existing package, which is due for renewal in May. This gives me time to decide if I still want all of the domain names I have, and to transfer over those I wish to keep.
In anticipation, I tried to transfer my website to another domain, with chamoissiere.co.uk pointing to it, until my new package is sorted out (as it is a template website purely online, and will lose it otherwise). However 1and1 have decided to bring out a new Control Panel, and it is full of bugs and missing links, and I have been unable to do this :evil: .
I am in the middle of sorting out a new website, so may have to jump in with this sooner than I expected.
pete

Post by pete »

I have to say that I have also signed up for the cheapest package and am in the process of moving my site, I am so impressed.

There were no extras, they answer emails (unlike 1&1 whom I asked a sales query) and the live chat works !!!!

I may feel different when I have finished, but I have already blocked my spammer !

Dont know if moving a wordpress site will be as easy but there is defiantly good help there,

pete
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Pete, they have a package to enable easy transfer of Wordpress. I'm having difficulty cancelling 1and1 though, the assistance tool will not accept the ISP tag that I've been given.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I have moved a few sites over to these guys, and the ONLY problem I have ever encountered was getting 1and1 to relinquish control of the Domain :cry:
** Richard
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

1and1 have not replied to any emails, and as I am in France this week , I cannot ring their premium rate line. So far, the online chat on WHUK has been excellent.
pete

Post by pete »

my domains are not with 1&1 so I am hoping that I will not have a problem, I may copy all my files over before I try to redirect one though,

I did point one once at a wordpress blog but I got fedup with that, so I let it go, dont suppose thats the same though,
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Finally managed to get the cancellation to work, but I've still got the problem with the new control panel, which doesn't want to allow me to redirect my site to another domain.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

AAAGHHH , due to the lack of response from 1and1 yesterday to my difficulties with their new control panel, I now have no website at all. They've already removed my domain, and deleted the website creator site, which I was temporarily going to transfer to another domain which does not expire until May. I've still have no response to any of my emails yesterday.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

This is not going well, I cannot log in to my new CPanel either, and the live chat people are not being very hepful today. I logged in yesterday.
pete

Post by pete »

oh Helen, thats terrible, I feel for you,

I am worried about when I move the domains, currently I am just copying over the pages and pics, when I think I am ready I will move the domains and keep my fingers crossed the emails and the form work,

Do you have a back up of your site ?