useless enquiries

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
harcourtv57

useless enquiries

Post by harcourtv57 »

After all this time, I still get a thrill every time I get an enquiry. Today on coming home from work and checking my e-mail three enquiries :D

However, first one is for our one bedroom apartment - from a couple with two children and travelling with their inlaws :?

Second is from a family of five, wanting to book our two bedroom apartment (that sleeps 4) for three weeks in August :shock: - which has been booked up for ages

Third from a couple wanting to book four weeks in December, including Christmas week and wanting a huge discount - however the calendar shows that Christmas week is already booked :roll:

oh well . . . . .
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

We've come to referral system of 10% with two local competitors for times like these.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

It is frustrating, isn't it?

Particularly when you've gone to the effort of putting all the information up there and they ignore it in preferrence to firing off a message (which in some cases they might be sending to lots of owners, of course, which could be why they've not bothered to read).

All part of the job, I s'pose...
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Blanche

Post by Blanche »

I still prefer to get enquiries about weeks that are already booked than no enquiries at all!
La Maison du Curé
www.cormatin.eu
brenda

Post by brenda »

I´mwith Blanche on this one.

In fact, the way things are at the moment, I´d be happy to get a Scam enquiry just to prove that someone knows we are here!
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Blanche wrote:I still prefer to get enquiries about weeks that are already booked than no enquiries at all!
Me too, I suppose, but it is such a bore. Got one today for 12-16 August. We don't do short lets in August and our availability calendar shows not one day free. GRRR! :twisted:
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Blanche

Post by Blanche »

You can always ignore them but I think it is a good idea to make the effort to respond. After all here is someone who wants to come to your area and has looked at your ad. If you respond nicely they might think of you when they want to book for longer next year!

BTW I do like your ad.
La Maison du Curé
www.cormatin.eu
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Blanche wrote:You can always ignore them but I think it is a good idea to make the effort to respond. After all here is someone who wants to come to your area and has looked at your ad. If you respond nicely they might think of you when they want to book for longer next year!

BTW I do like your ad.
I always do respond for that very reason - doesn't take a minute and it is only polite, not to mention good PR. Sometimes we are able to pass them on but as there are not many very large houses locally that usually only happens if it is an enquiry for less than full occupation.

Thank you if the compliment was directed at me! :D
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Fifi

Post by Fifi »

I agree, any enquiry is better than no enquiry. But the ones that really, really annoy me is the multiple email enquiry - everything from price, to the colour of the bedspread, via is the bread good from the boulanger (yes, fab!), who then go silent, you wait a little while, give them a gentle nudge, and either get ignored again, or told that we found somewhere else weeks ago.

How hard is it to send a no thanks email??
People who arrive after 10pm, shouldn't expect a hug.....
klompje

Post by klompje »

I don't understand the fact that maybe 30% of our enquiries never have the decency to say thanks no thanks, then if you chase they say they have found somewhere else and what really makes me laugh are the Australians and Americans who look at our property, think it is too expensive and book 200km away in a completely different area but advertised by people who say they are near us! Ahh les pauvres.. they should buy a map!