Renting out apartment in France

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Nice2004

Renting out apartment in France

Post by Nice2004 »

Hello,
We have a small apartment in Nice that we are thinking of renting out. Have heard that the law has recently changed so that tenants of furnished rentals now have a right to stay on in your apartment unless you are selling it or moving back into it yourself, so have gone off that idea!

Was now looking at the holiday let idea, but as we are based in the UK was wondering how others in a similar situation deal with changeovers/keyholders etc? Any advice would be great - Thanks
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Nice,
Why don't you just work your way through the various posts on the forum? You'll learn a lot - probably all you need to know - and if you then have any questions they will be less general and easier to answer.
Best,
Alexia.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Nice2004,

Welcome!

There is an incredible amount of information on the forums -- I second Alexia's suggestion that you browse and see what you can come up with. We have discussed many common issues, and there is a huge variety in the types of solutions we have chosen!

For example, our property is in Burgundy and we are in the UK, and we have local property managers who arrange for cleaning and maintenance, but we manage the bookings ourselves; and we have a coded lockbox at the house that we use to let guests in (we e-mail them the code after they've paid). But ours is just one way of doing things.

Happy forum browsing! And of course, feel free to ask any unanswered questions that may pop up along the way. :)
Brooke
paolo

Post by paolo »

Try the 'Managing your property' section for previous exchanges on this.

I think there is a forum user who has flats in Nice - can't remember her name at the moment but you may come acrodd her posts. She would be a good person to talk to.
Paolo
Lay My Hat