4th room opinions please

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
pete

4th room opinions please

Post by pete »

During the winter we have decided to rearrange our upstairs layout and make another bedroom. This would make our blue room slightly smaller but not spoil it but it would take up most of the upstairs landing and darken the stairwell somewhat.

We could let this room every weekend through july and august mainly to French couples who are visiting relatives for parties or weddings. It would then pay for itself in a year.

The downsides are the upstairs mezanine would not exist, the room would share bath room with the rose room for the first year, and the room would be smaller than our others.

We will eventually put in a separate private bathroom but I dont think that I would have time to do it all at once as we only really have november to do the work. So for next year it would have to share with the rose room.

What are your opinions of this ??
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

On a personal note , it would not do for me if i was making the booking i would want a private bathroom

It might work better if you could offer the new room and the rose room as a 2 bedroom family suite with private bathroom ( we have this and do find that for a weekend a group of friends are prepared to share)

It would also effect your gradeing with gdf, if you have a review due

think i would try to get the whole job done if at all possible

but thats only my view
Nessie