Lwr Normandy B&B needed, 1 night, 3 Aug - 2 adults + 1 c

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Normandie

Lwr Normandy B&B needed, 1 night, 3 Aug - 2 adults + 1 c

Post by Normandie »

Can anyone assist? I have had an enquiry from an Italian family who're having problems finding a b&b that will accommodate them as follows:

" sono il sig R*** M*** volevo chiedere se avete disponibiltà di una camera doppia più un lettino per una bambina di 6 anni il giorno 03 agosto con pernottamento e prima colazione attendo vostra risposta grazie "

Which Reverso translates as:

I am the sig R*** M*** I wanted to ask if you have anymore disponibiltà of a double room a bunk for a 6 year-old child the day 03 August with overnight stay and breakfast I attend your answer thanks

I don't have availability but - as I'm still relatively new to B&B-ing and therefore still a soft touch - when he asked me if I knew of anywhere that could take them, I said (with LMH in mind) that I'd see if I could put him in touch with an owner who has accommodation available.

They want Basse Normandie - which I interpret as Manche / Calvados and when I asked if there was a specific town or area that they were interested in, they don't appear to mind. As I'm near the bottom of the Cherbourg peninsula (Calvados / Manche) almost on the borders with Brittany, that provides a clue as to where they were looking.

I don't want to post his email address here so PM me if you have availability and want to contact them. We're communicating in Italian - which I don't speak - but judicious use of short sentences and Reverso seems to be enabling adequate communications.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Basse Normandie comprises the Manche, Calvados and Orne departments. The one you forgot is the most southerly and easterly.

I think they need to think a bit harder and firm up on location as it sounds like they're just doing a transit from one place to another (as it's only one night).

Why not point them to the Gites de France site?

Phil.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

Thanks Cassis - but I didn't forget Orne... when I tried to extract better location information from them when pushed, the towns vaguely mentioned were Granville, Avranches and Vire so that kinda excluded Orne from my reckoning.

They contacted me through Homelidays and I think I was one of several b&bs they contacted but as they're only communicating in Italian, maybe they didn't get responses from others. I will suggest the GdeF site, though. Good idea.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Possible problem might be a lot of owners aren't interested in a one nighter this far ahead in peak season.

Not many French sites have an Italian version, either. GdF only have English and French but here's the link to B&B search pages:

http://www.gites-de-france.com/gites/fr ... es_d_hotes

You may as well also give them

Clévacances:

http://www.clevacances.com/FR/

Then consider your job more than done!

Phil
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

I've just done exactly that. Thanks Cassis. :D