Best place to buy, bedding, towels etc in UK

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
enid

Post by enid »

No but it does bedding so well even without the steam
Moira

Post by Moira »

Great, thanks. Now just to shop around and find the cheapest.
Ju

Post by Ju »

Or you could go for a roller iron, expensive but worth every penny. Meille do one without steam, but I have the Pfaff which steams as well.
Moira

Post by Moira »

Thanks, I hadn't even heard about a roller iron, I'll have a look at these too.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Just going back to the bedding, we use Out of Eden for ours, but their head office is just down the road from us so it's convenient to collect from them (or one of the girls there lives in the village and brings it up!), and they also have lots of other items.

King of Cotton sounds like a good source LV - did you ever look at Out of Eden stuff by way of comparison? If so, any thoughts on quality differences?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Greenbarn wrote: King of Cotton sounds like a good source LV - did you ever look at Out of Eden stuff by way of comparison? If so, any thoughts on quality differences?
I did for the towels, GB, and I think that the King of Cotton won because there was a higher GSM and nicer colours - better quality, for a similar price than Out of Eden. And important for me, K of C deliver to France (Out of Eden don't).
enid

Post by enid »

We have Out of Eden towels that have worn very well and I would use them again if only they delivered to France. Looks like I'm a King of Cotton convert.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Thanks for the info.

Hmm.... just wondering how much Out of Eden stuff I could cram into my car and deliver to France. Don't suppose it would pay for the trip though. :?

Ah well, just have to think of another great money making idea!
Moira

Post by Moira »

Hi Just thought I would throw this into the mix. There is a bargain shop in Glasgow which has Christies towels at good prices. Their other household and electrical stuff is also worth a look too. Their plain sheets are pretty reasonable but personally I'm not so fussed about the style of their duvets. Just checked to see if they are online and they are, so perhaps worth a look.

http://www.tjhughes.co.uk
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I'd forgotten about tjhughes. We went to their branch in Preston when we were starting out with the rentals and picked up a few good items. I think they have a lot of end of line stuff? They seem to have a lot of branches scattered around as well as their online presence.
Nuthatch

Post by Nuthatch »

I've had good stuff from Dunelm Mill (they do a wide range, from cheap & cheerful to a fairly substantial 'Hotel' range). I've also picked up some good stuff from TK Maxx - the only problem there is that the really good offers are one-offs so you can't match things afterwards, although it's not a problem if all your linens are white. And you can't forget Marks & Spencer - they often have 30% off deals and if you order from a cashback site you can get an extra 5% off too!
Broom UA

best place to buy bedding

Post by Broom UA »

Moira,
I have a Domena press iron with steam and it's great. My mother wanted one after she used mine and now has a Singer.
Roller irons are great too, have used them in the past but you need the space for them even the smaller ones.
Moira

Post by Moira »

Thanks Broom UA, I'll have a look at that one too.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Another vote for Dunelm Mill here
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We had our first towels from Dunelm and then switched to King of Cotton - great to pay no VAT and really cheap delivery. We also loved the heavy gsm. I have to say though that Dunelm win on quality: they are softer (even though not so thick) and much, much better finished - we are going to have to spend November checking the while towel collection and sewing up hems. We also get more threads pulled than with Dunelm. Of course we cut them off but it all takes time. We never had to sew hems with Dunelm.