Standard t&c's / booking form

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Yvonne

Standard t&c's / booking form

Post by Yvonne »

Hi, first post so be gentle with me! Where can I find a standard copy of terms & conditions, contract and booking form that I can edit for my needs? Am a bit worried about the legal side in case of a dispute, but want to be prepared. Thanks in advance. :wink:
burdy

Post by burdy »

Yvonne
If you send me an e-mail, I'll reply with a copy of mine.
I looked into about ten different ones when we started out and took what I thought were all the best bits.
I'd recommend you get some others and compare, but I'll get you started

BURDY
info@elvallegolfrental.com
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Just a note: posting your e-mail on a public forum is an invitation to have your e-mail address picked up by spambots.

Much better to edit out the e-mail address above and share the address via PM.

Yvonne, I believe we just had a question about this recently -- if you use the "search" link at the top of the forum you can find all the threads where we discuss T&Cs and booking contracts. Good luck!
Brooke
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

Hello Yvonne and welcome. :)

As you are in France, it would probably be useful for you to understand the different sorts of deposits - particularly the "arrhes" which is specifically a non-refundable deposit... and this, as you probably know, is the "best" sort of deposit! However the arrhes does confer cancellation responsibilities on the holiday home owner too but I think that's no bad thing.

Here's a thread to start you off and if you search with arrhes as the keyword, you'll find others.

viewtopic.php?t=8350&highlight=arrhes

I'm a b&b owner, not gîte (and I'm guessing you're gîte) so my t&cs are different but I've concluded - influenced by discussions on LMH - that if they were tested under French law they might not mean very much. However I strongly feel that guest formal acceptance of terms & conditions at the time of booking goes a long way towards a potential guest understanding the style of the accommodation they are booking.

It explains to them what will be expected of them (and of the owner, and of other guests if you have a multi-group property) and enables the owner to highlight breaches during their stay... if their behaviour is bad enough to require it.
Yvonne

Post by Yvonne »

Hi Burdy, Normandie & Vrooje, thanks very much for the advice. The house is our holiday home that we're trying to make pay for itself & the feedback we've had from friends and family is that they'd pay money to stay there so we're giving it a go!

Burdy, I'll be in touch via email, thanks for leaving your details.
superpp

Post by superpp »

Burdy,

Would you kindly send me a copy of your t&cs?

Paul