Looking for a kind hearted soul who..............

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Paul Carmel

Looking for a kind hearted soul who..............

Post by Paul Carmel »

Looking for a kind hearted soul who . . . . has plans to visit Ikea in the coming months (not a task I envy :shock: )

My nearest one is 100 miles over sea and then another 50 miles by car and for the sake of 30 euros it seems a major pain

What I am after is some replacement cutlery. It comes in a box about the size and weight of a VHS tape in it's box and so would be easy to post. I need 3 of these and I can pay in Pounds or Euros beforehand if necessary for the items and the postage and round of cafe in the restaurant (but totally understand if you want to get the hell out of there asap).

If you think you can help us please pm me and I will give you a printable link from the Ikea site.....

here's hoping . . .
Cheers
PC
paolo

Post by paolo »

I would gladly do it although I can't say when in the next few months it will be. Going to Ikea seems to be a necessary step when you move house, but we haven't got a must-have list yet.

I'm sure you'll find someone who is more of an Ikea regular, but let me know if you don't.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

[quote="paolo"]Going to Ikea seems to be a necessary step when you move house, but we haven't got a must-have list yet.
quote]

Wrong, I'm proud to say that I have never stepped into an Ikea and have no intention of starting now. The words "flat pack" bring me out in a rash.

John
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

cromercrabholiday wrote: Wrong, I'm proud to say that I have never stepped into an Ikea and have no intention of starting now. The words "flat pack" bring me out in a rash.
Like you, I am hugely qualified to judge Ikea - by never having been there.

Alan
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Paul, I've PM'd you and I'm happy to throw my hat in the ring and get the necessaries for you. Having a naff whisper grey corner bath I feel I've nothing to lose in the "cool" stakes!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Thank you one and all the job is done! what great place LMH is............now if I could just find someone to post that giraffe on hmmm any thoughts!!
Cheers
PC
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Sue did you get my PM?????????
Cheers
PC
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Yes, sorry didn't reply earlier Paul. Had a busy couple of days but will do the business v soon!!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Please! Sue at your Leisure
Cheers
PC
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Well, I've got to ask. What's so special about Ikea cutlery? Afraid I'm another of the brigade who have never been inside (but I do remember another post on the Forum about the quality of their uplighters!)
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Christine,

Nothing special about them apart from they are cheap, robust, and look quite nice. We have had a set on the boat for the last 5 years, and what with all the UV and salt they still look like new.

This is them http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... 5815*15817
Cheers
PC
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Thank you, Paul. I feel my education is complete now!