Christmas Decorations

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
ZwieselDave

Christmas Decorations

Post by ZwieselDave »

Greetings,

I wondered from a B&B point of view when do you put up your Christmas Decs & Christmas Tree, My wife was in the North of Germany last week and she stayed in a couple of Hotels where the tree was already up ?

Thanks

Dave
brenda

Post by brenda »

Ours go up the first weekend in December; we like to keep Christmas in December. They come down on 6 January - the Epiphany Bank Holiday after 3 Kings night which is very important to the Spanish.
Last edited by brenda on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

The first weekend in advent is the time when most Germans seem to get their decorations up but some start earlier. And they don't know about 12th night here either - some keep their decorations up until February. Although outdoor decorations here tend to be more tasteful - flashing coloured lights are rare!
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Like brenda we put ours up the first weekend of December and i normally take them down about the 3rd January
Nessie
La Chouette

Post by La Chouette »

Margaret wrote: - some keep their decorations up until February. Although outdoor decorations here tend to be more tasteful - flashing coloured lights are rare!
Only February!! You can still see Christmas decs around here at Easter!

We tend to put ours up the week before Christmas, after we've bought our Christmas tree at the Christmas market.

Jan
ZwieselDave

Phew thanks

Post by ZwieselDave »

Thanks everyone, as I know in England the decs go up after Easter :D but I wasnt sure about in a business its sell.

Thank You.