TVA French VAT 5.5% > 19.0%

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
gh

Post by gh »

Bad for us unfortunatley, just returned from signing Devis and to top it off, our tried and tested Artisan is so busy the work commence's in April, so double strike for us, no Easter Rentals and a 15% higher bill to pay, ho hum.
Finger's crossed they haggle......... :roll:

Regards
Ann

5.5% Tax

Post by Ann »

I've just acccepted a devis for repairs to the chimney after a fire. I signed a paper to say that the house is more than 2 years old and that I have lived here for more than 2 years, therefore my tax will be 5.5%.

Am I just lucky?

Ann
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

No, the TVA for renovations at 5.5% was confirmed back in January until 2010, thank goodness.
enid

Post by enid »

No, the TVA for renovations at 5.5% was confirmed back in January until 2010, thank goodness.
and so say all of us with work still to do :)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Enid,
The renovation work never stops, does it! I've been here 4 years and have had work done every year on the gites, even though my house was the only real total renovation project. By the time 2010 comes we will still have some windows to replace and no doubt lots of other things. I should change my signature to 'always renovating'.
enid

Post by enid »

We are just finishing the gite side - we use French artisans for the gros oeuvres and we do the rest. The builder is repointing the facade at the moment. But we are now working on our house and I am so excited about it - we think we have another 12 months to go - and then we can start i=on the projects we have planned for the garden!!! - I should have ' never planning to retire' as my signature. :) But it is a delight to bring new life to a property and I love our life here - wouldn't change a thing ( well maybe I'd prefer not to have to point a wall in the cold and damp!!!)
gh

Post by gh »

enid wrote:But it is a delight to bring new life to a property and I love our life here - wouldn't change a thing ( well maybe I'd prefer not to have to point a wall in the cold and damp!!!)
Agree with all your post Enid especially the above sentence. You achieve a great deal of satisfaction in doing this. You tackle jobs here you would never dream of in UK, plastering and pointing were such a challange. We put small StAndrews crosses slighty hidden in each room and ask the guests in the guest book to see if they can find them. There is fairys hidden throughout the garden and the younger guests must pester the life out of there parents as we have listed 21 and there is only 20. Keeps them amused for ages :wink:

Hope the weather improves soon.
Regards Helen