Quiz for Christmas time

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

it's not an ice house is it? You know,those places they used to store dirty great lumps of ice in-most of the UK ones were partly underground though :?
Stu

Post by Stu »

'Broadsword calling Danny Boy'....is it that one with David Niven as the pilot, chatting to the young lady waaf over the radio, as he's been shot and on his way to heaven or something? Or did I just dream all of that?

Oh, and is the little round house used for smoking fish? Seen them in West Wales.
paolo

Post by paolo »

That's A Matter of Life and Death, a fantastic film, but I am not sure that's it. Tansy will tell.

Soodyer's odd one out was Einstein, the others are airports.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

correct on the airports Paolo, thought that one had got lost off there...!
A-two

Post by A-two »

Fraise wrote:it's not an ice house is it?
Yes it is!
Waves from America
A-two

Post by A-two »

'Broadsword calling Danny Boy'....GOT IT! ......It was Colonel Mustard in Einstein Airport with a fork.
Waves from America
tansy

Post by tansy »

No, No & No.... but with the plot lines coming out we could have a block buster.....

Ingrid Pitt was in it.... does that help at all?
it's all a learning curve!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Tansy, I know the film but i cheated and googled it :( I was taken to the pictures one boxing day to see it and was bored rotten!! (I don't think it was really a film for a 10 year old girl!)

Am I allowed to answer :?:

Here's some first lines of novels, what are they? (easy ones!)

Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy. This story is about something that happened to them when they were sent away from London during the war because of the air-raids

Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife
paolo

Post by paolo »

Ingrid Pitt was in Where Eagles Dare, as the busty barmaid with foaming tankards (as it were), wasn't she?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Sue, let's see...

I will go with:
Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy. This story is about something that happened to them when they were sent away from London during the war because of the air-raids
Is this from the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe? I haven't seen the movie yet and I don't think I ever read the books, but I'll guess that.
Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense
Well, certainly Harry Potter... not sure which, but I'll say the Philosopher's Stone.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife
I'm going to go with Pride & Prejudice... though I haven't read that in a very, very long time.

... so if I'm right, these must all be related because of their translation to movies?
Brooke
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Right Brooke. There wasn't really a connection, just 3 that I could think of. I was just looking for "Harry Potter", I couldn't remember which book it was! I haven't seen the latest film yet, what with that, Narnia and Kong I have some catching up over the Christmas break.
tansy

Post by tansy »

well done Paolo... Where Eagles Dare with Ingrid Pitt & her foaming tankards of Ale.... Richard Burton with his ice pick!

Run me up the hill son - is another one if anyone wants to have a go? :wink:
it's all a learning curve!
A-two

Post by A-two »

So everything is answered except Brooke's irradiated cotton reel and nightstalker photos? No, wait....run me up the hill son....
Waves from America
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Teehee, me and my crazy images. :)

Okay, I'll give some hints!

Ignore the red bit, that's just weird lighting; and try not to scratch it. This object is related to many of the other questions people have been asking.

This is the only image in the list that actually follows the theme of this thread!
Brooke
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

#1 is a CD?
#2 Christmas bauble?