Quiz for Christmas time

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
marcus

Post by marcus »

No idea about any of them.

Tansy, I'd be surprised to find a 'clever sole' that knows any of them either. Now a clever soul..that's possible...

Could they all be electrical? I'm just fishing, really.

Marcus
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

I know that a few replies back I suggested that we do not stray "off topic" by reminiscing about punkier days gone by - so this one-off reply is aimed at Paul, Marcus, Stu&Syb, and anyone else sad enough to be interested. Everyone else, please ignore....

I am so excited because last night someone lent me the most amazing CD by a French band called "Nouvelle Vague" - it is so wacky I think I can only describe it as a young Brigitte Bardot meets the Dead Kennedys via the Bossa Nova!!! 8) Take a look at their website www.nouvellesvagues.com , click on "musique", and watch the 5 min video...

And now, to get back on topic.....

What is Santa's favourite pizza?
... Deep Pan, Crisp and Even.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Catherine,

What a lovely link! Not all that easy to navigate but superb.

I am not a trendie. I am not a dedicated follower of fashion. I don't rely on others to tell me what I like. I like it.

I loved the choice of music. Music which has something to say and I like that; music which is made with "art" and I like that.

Alan
marcus

Post by marcus »

Ooops another non quiz post.
Catherine, that's amazing, even if Love Will Tear Us Part should not be remade. And an excellent website as well. I do hate all those trendy creative types who can do things like that.
I've ordered it for susan for xmas, hope she likes it as well, she likes all that julie cruise/goldfrapp kind of stuff so I daresay she will.
You saved me from a day looking at womens clothes in Bergerac so I owe you eternal gratitude
Marcus
Stu

Post by Stu »

'Broadsword calling Danny Boy'.....it's a war film! Grrrr! Did it have Richard Burton saying that line? Or David Niven perhaps? Gawd........
tansy

Post by tansy »

Stu & Syb... yes, war film - possibility either said it!!!!! :roll:

But the question is where was the person at the time 'Broadsword calling Danny Boy....'

Ah ha!
it's all a learning curve!
paolo

Post by paolo »

"Broadsword calling Danny Boy"

Is it at the end of The Guns of Navarone?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
A-two

Post by A-two »

Was it in a windmill? Two French Resistance hiding out in a windmill. Richard Burton or Dirk Bogart maybe? He discovers his companion is the real traitor and kills him, then radios in for help.
Last edited by A-two on Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waves from America
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Going back to Joanna's photos, my answers are bound to be wrong: if it was so easy, she wouldn't have posted them!

i) a colander
ii) a pillow or a duvet with a door behind, and a wall
iii) a dunny! Or maybe a recovery room for disoriented maypole dancers! :)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
tansy

Post by tansy »

No - no windmills involved - nor the guns of Navarone - but one of the actors mentioned correct is.... :? :lol:
it's all a learning curve!
A-two

Post by A-two »

i) no - not a colander or anything you'd find in a kitchen.
ii) no - not bedding.
iii) thought Brooke might know given her US location, but otherwise pretty impossible. Clue: it predates electricity and has been replaced by something we all have and use every day. Located next to a lake. Nothing to do maypole dancers, bathrooms or washing of any kind.
Waves from America
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Joanna,

Your guess for my #2 is essentially right -- it is supposedly the underside of a mushroom that the water is on. But #1 is not a tin can and #3 is not quite as complicated as an aquarium underwater shot! :)

For #1, I should mention that I think the lighting is weird, i.e. the red color is artificial.

Okay, my guesses for yours:

#1 - I was going to say the shadow of a colander, but I'd be wrong! It does really look like a light source through something perforated and curved. It seems too regular to be reflections from a disco ball.

#2 - perhaps a couch cushion? And I might even guess leather, but white leather? Wow.

#3 - actually, I have no idea. I'm a newcomer to New England, so maybe that's why... do they have them in Southern CA?
Brooke
A-two

Post by A-two »

Brooke,
#1 - disco ball. Well guessed!

#2 - no, sorry. Here's a few more pixels.....

#3 - no, they definitely would not have them in Southern California, but I did Google some in Europe just now, so folks there may know after all. Not giving this one away just yet.... 8) Here it is again:-
For those that missed it, I'm asking what is the red brick building behind the maypole dancers, or more specifically, what was it used for? Clue: it predates electricity and has been replaced by something we all have and use every day. Located next to a lake. Nothing to do maypole dancers, bathrooms or washing of any kind. This one is located in New York, but I have found others online, located in parts of Europe next to rivers.
Waves from America
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

No 2 is someone bending over.

As for 3 - got me stumped.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
A-two

Post by A-two »

Jane Bennett wrote:No 2 is someone bending over.
Yep:
Waves from America