Had enough of French property agents

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Ciaram

Had enough of French property agents

Post by Ciaram »

Dear All

I have had enough of french property agents and thought perhaps I'd have more luck going straight to you guys. My family and I want to relocate to the Languedoc but with three small children we need to earn a living. Like millions of others we want to buy a gite complex and/or B&B in a good location. We're willing to do some work to up grade the property and although we do have a reasonable amount of money to invest we are not millionaires. I know there is a talk of a lot of people returning to the UK and as I believe there is an oversupply of accommodation I don't want to add to the load but rather take over a business which is currently small but could be built on by a pair of enthusasitc paddies like myself and my very handy husband. Anyone know of any suitable properties or want to move on themselves?

Yours hopefully :?
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

I've got info on some possible places. As people selling up are rather reticent, can you email me directly at thelanguedocpage@gmail.com ?

Regards

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
julesb

Post by julesb »

Hi Ciaram

I do know of a good little hotel on the market close to where I live - don't know what sort of budget you are looking at, but could be the sort of thing you are interested in. Also I work part-time for friends of mine who run a 'search + relocate' company - they found us our place in France and I was so impressed I joined up with them! If either of these sound interesting contact me direct at my e-mail address julesandy@wanadoo.fr

julesb
I came to France to stop the panic, now I still panic but at a much slower pace.
julesb

Post by julesb »

Ooops sorry - missed the languedoc bit - we are in the Aveyron/Tarn area but the 'search + relocate' operates across whole of France so still contact me anyway.

Julesb
I came to France to stop the panic, now I still panic but at a much slower pace.
aillis

Post by aillis »

This is a n interesting site with lots of properties http://www.gitecomplexes.com/ for sale also best advice is to stay in a couple gite places to see how it should ( or not ) be done
Ciaram

Post by Ciaram »

Thanks for the replies. I have visited the Gitescomplex website and there are quite a few here. Just planning our next visit at the moment. This forum is fantastic. Welldone to everyone who contributes.

Kind regards

Ciara