View from a window

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
John Borg

Post by John Borg »

Paolo, in actual fact I did! Though I noticed that something is definately not right when you consider the price of land vs income. I calculated that it would take someone about 350 years to be able to earn enough to buy a block of land of around 1000 sq mtrs. This was in a touristic area, not in the heart of the city!
Seriously though, of all my travels to the most far out places, Albania struck a chord for it's virgin beauty, something I fear will be lost to modernisation, like I suppose happened here in Malta to a certain extent.
Here's another pic. I like.

"Automated vending machine" - 1 HP - practically on the beach in Durres, Albania. Ok guys, the donkey's the one with the big ears!
Malta – always in the sunshine!
PeeJay

Post by PeeJay »

Now this beach gets hot but the water is bitter cold (Atlantic Ocean).
Darren

Post by Darren »

I wish I was there now Peejay!

I am going walking in Whitby tomorrow, and I don't think the beach will look as nice as that.

Darren :)
PeeJay

Post by PeeJay »

Off to Wetherby Races tomorrow. Wish I was on the beach as well.
John Borg

Post by John Borg »

Another glorious Sunday, brilliant sunshine, 23C and a great excuse for an afternoon walk to "my favourite place", Mistra Valley, just a 10 minute walk away. The terraced fields are back to life after the first rains following a long dry Summer.

Malta – always in the sunshine!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I thought it was worth resurrecting this thread for anyone new since this petered out last Dec. It started as "View from a Window" but I'll add a new catagory (as is my perogitive as I started it!! :lol: )

So if you don't have a great view from a window do you have a good quirky photo? This one is of my husband Dave in a desert town, Baker, California on our way from Vegas to L.A. Behind him is the worlds largest thermometer!!! (It was 100+ that day) Anything silly or odd you've photographed and like to add stick it here or just a great photo you'd like to share? (anyone travelling in the U.S http://www.roadsideamerica.com/ tells you where all of the things like this, quirky wigwam hotels/giant ice cream cones etc can be found)

PeeJay

Post by PeeJay »

View from our "window" last year.

View last month

Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

hmmmm, yeah,little bit of improvement... ah, I'm joshing, looks great!!! :) I bet it feels great to see it take shape and form like that.

One of my "selling points" is the year my cottage was built (1837) is the year Queen Victoria took up the throne, a while ago eh, but we've changed the bedding since then. :lol: