New Build In Aude Local Taxes

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Brendan Dames

New Build In Aude Local Taxes

Post by Brendan Dames »

I am due tofly out to Carcassonne to sign the Acte de Vente for the purchase of a 1500m sq plot of land on which a French construction firm (maison france confort) will build a Villa. Our plan is to rent the Villa to holiday makers once completed. I will remain resident in the UK. I have a few worries. Concerning the payment of local taxes. Can anybody help?

1) I believe that I do not have to pay the tax foncier untill 2 years after the completion of the house. However how do i go about applying for this waiver.

2)I also assume that I do not have to pay the taxe de habitation untill after the property has been constructed.

3) After signing the acte de vente do i have register with the Mairie or does the notaire do this on my behalf.

I would be most grateful if some of you more experieced francophiles can give me some advice.

Thanks

Brendan :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Welcome, Brendon!
"1) I believe that I do not have to pay the tax foncier untill 2 years after the completion of the house. However how do i go about applying for this waiver. "
You won't receive a bill for 2 years, so there will be nothing to pay.

"2)I also assume that I do not have to pay the taxe de habitation untill after the property has been constructed. "
You start paying this tax once the house is furnished & equipped to be resided in on a 1st January. If you arrange your affairs in such a way that the house is habitable starting on a 2nd January the tax will be due from the following year.

"3) After signing the acte de vente do i have register with the Mairie or does the notaire do this on my behalf. "
Why would you register with the Mairie at all? It's the Chambre de Commerce for a professional letting business - which won't be your case.
Best,
Alexia.
Brendan Dames

Post by Brendan Dames »

Thanks for your reply alexia.

Brendan :D