What say you

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
walter901

spanish

Post by walter901 »

I get a lot of times that spanish want to pay on arrival. I accept it if I do not get any other renters. So, off-season. Simply because it´s a hazzle and it´s a risk. I had a few times them arriving, investigating the whole property till the came up with a small thing for them to get a discount. And then you have to go discuss how much this discount is worth etc. So you are there wasting your time, no problem if you rent out 1 property maybe but with 5 other families arriving that day it´s just not worth it.
camel

subject

Post by camel »

walter901: Oh dear you have now offended so many people. Why do you think they do this ?? using black money, finding excuse to reduce the amount they had agreed to pay.

I have no issues people trying to reduce the price it is their right in a free market. What I object to is the games that get played.
brendan

Post by brendan »

The Spanish do have their own way (!) of doing things...I now take 30% on booking, 30% plus security deposit 30 days before arrival and the balance on arrival. That seems to keep them happy.

I have a booking from 1 group this year - she was very wary about the whole thing. Turns out that they were scammed last year and lost their money as well as their holiday which is such a shame and puts her wariness in context. I gave her my lawyer´s tel. no and she called him to reassure herself that I did actually own the property....bless!
camel

subject

Post by camel »

Brenden, where have you been ??? I was begining to beleive in all & sundry that had been posted on this thread.

The Spanish have their way of doing things. The question than arises why other nationalities dont have their way of doing things !!!! The Spanish are less trusting than others ??? if yes. why ????

They agreed to my terms & conditions and later change their mind. I find it diffcult to collect any instalment from them & have to chase them time & again.

I had a guest who agreed to pay the reservation & than did not pay until two days before their arrival. I phoned them they said they will pay cash i.e. gone against their word.. When they got to the property they did want to pay the security deposit & even the rent thay wanted to pay at the end of their holidays instead of upfront.

I had to chasing them for all & sundry this after I had given them a discount. Which no one had ever asked before. They left all the Garden, pool & other lights on all the time. Left the cushions etc outside where they got drenched in the rain.

In short they got a discount, cost me money in replacing the cushions & the utilities, my time, incovenienced the key holder as he did not know if these people were coming or not until the last minute.

I am sorry that your guest scammed. If we think that the number of Brits that got scammed by the Spaniard there is still a long way to go equalise the score.
brendan

Post by brendan »

Thank you for your comments, Camel, misspelt and grammatically challenged as they are.

I run my business as a business and therefore don't have to 'chase' anyone.....maybe something you could try.
lorca

Post by lorca »

Camel, isn´t it about time you seriously considered moving your business elsewhere...... ???
If not now, when?