new gite in lot et garonne

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
jacko1

new gite in lot et garonne

Post by jacko1 »

hi,like to say hello to all .this is my first posting. i am due to move soon to a property with a up and running gite in the grounds. i already live in france,outside duras 47,and the new place is not far away. do i,as the new owner,have to register with the local mayor,or as it is up and running,not have to.
the other thing is tax. at the moment,due my works pension,and my wifes british state pension,the total is that we do not pay tax,due to it being under the freshold. with this also,my wife gets her carte vitale due to her being retirement age.i am her toyboy,ha ha!,but get a carte vitale as her dependent. now with the tax,any earnings on the gite,does that come on top of the pensions,or is it taxed seperate?. also,if taxed seperate,would we have to pay social charges(we dont pay now). one last question,is it better to start up as a micro bussiness? thanks ,keith :oops:
retirement,what retirement!