Hullomail

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
NeatandPicky

Hullomail

Post by NeatandPicky »

Another new discovery I'd like to share...

http://www.hullomail.com/

This is smartphone voicemail really. It pops up on chat forums when people are complaining about mobile network voicemail charges.

You can set it up like normal voicemail for when your phone is off or out of signal. But for me the best bit is the roaming divert. You set this when you leave the UK so that all incoming calls are diverted to voicemail (they don't leave the UK, so no roaming charges). A free text/email alert tells you when you have a message, which is saved on the hullomail cloud database as an mp3 file. You can listen on your phone (using data connection or WiFi) or by logging into their website. Record replies via app. Tried it out on recent visit to Cyprus and it all worked really well. Was a bit worried when I realised I'd forgotten to phone the divert number before leaving the UK, but as it turned out this did not matter.