Euro Cheques between countries

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Crystal wrote:La Luz..check your account in a few days ...because in Spain bank charges are debited later on, not on the day the funds are deposited!
Thanks Crystal, I'll keep checking and let you know. I hope it's not alot!
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

I paid various Euro cheques into my French bank account a week ago.

Only 1 (drawn on Barclays London) attracted charges.

Interestingly one from a US corporation was drawn on the Paris branch of its US bankers and did not attract charges.

The others were drawn on French banks.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Guest3

Charges

Post by Guest3 »

Do you get many US visitors? Mine usually balk at having to pay their charges, let alone mine.
Alexia....not had any guests from the States...a booking from Brunei was the only 'long haul'. The other international transfers we've had have been from Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Netherlands...and all have paid the charges for the transfers by their issuing bank so that we receive the full agreed rental amount.

Edited 29/01..actually forgot, we did have visitors from Canada way back in 2003...no problems with money transfer charges there either.
Last edited by Guest3 on Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Just an update on this. A transfer from Germany to my Spanish bank account took just 2 days and hasn't attracted any charges at my end.

It was so simple that this is the route I'll definitely take in future.

Thanks for all the advice.