No longer a micro entreprise

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Aillis,
Have you forgotten the CSG, the invalidity, the maternity, not to mention the ISF?
Best,
Alexia.
Ju

Post by Ju »

Alexia, please speak English!

Surely the accountant should sort out all necessary paperwork.

Ju
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Ju,

My experience is that lawyers and accountants work a little differently in France. In France, they tend to be reactive rather than proactive. In France, they tend to answer questions rather than ask them.

Don't be backward in coming forward. Ask the questions. Don't be shy about.

Alan
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Ju,
It was a joke.
Just to continue the amusement:
on top of our cleaner's salary, I pay her contributions, which come to a third of her salary, as well as my contributions, which come to over half of her salary. I end up paying nearly her total salary again in social security contributions.

No wonder Aillie forgot 3 or 4K - that's peanuts.
Best,
Alexia.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Alexis,
just out of interest, is your cleaner your employee or do you use the cheque emploi service? I use the latter, which is what my cleaner wants (she has several other cleaning jobs) and as I work, it benefits me as it is tax deductible. My (now ex) accountant told me that I shouldn't be paying her through the CES as she works for the business, not me personally. I haven't changed anything as it wouldn't be in either of our interests, but wondered where we stood legally.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Susan,
"wondered where we stood legally." - not well, I am afraid.
I'll pm you.
Best,
Alexia.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Alexia- could you expand on this,in general terms of course rather than related to a specific person!!I nkow a few people whom are considering the cheque d'emlpoi but wonder how it affects non resident employers??Thankyou :wink:
Ju

Post by Ju »

I would also like to know more about the cheque d'emploi. We don't employ anyone at the moment, but due to the increased workload next season we will need to. We have already found somebody, but she has a day job as a self employed teacher. I thought the cheque d'emploi would be the easiest way to employ her, but it looks like I might be wrong.

Thanks for your help, I'm going to print out the responses as a prompt for my meeting with the accountant.

Ju
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Fraise,
"how it affects non resident employers??"
You need a current account to get the cheque book for the cheque emploi system & I don't know if a foreign account is accepted.
Best,
Alexia.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I'm not sure, but I've heard you have to pay your taxes in France if you want to use it. I don't see, why, but if you do pay taxes it is deductible. As Alexia says, if you have a French bank account, just tell them you need the service and they will liase with URSAAF to set things up and send the cheque book out to you. All you have to do is complete and send back the chitty in the cheque book to URSAAF whenever you issue a cheque. The corresponding social charges are then taken from your bank account at the end of the month.
As Alexia has confirmed, the CES should only be used for domestic work, so it isn't OK for paying cleaners who help in a business!
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Thanks everyone for your help, I'll let you know how I get on.
Antonia
Loopy Lou

Post by Loopy Lou »

This is very useful information about the cheque d'emploi. Another argument for using a service business for cleaners who will send you, their client, an invoice and have to pay the social charges themselves! So valuable to know this in advance.

Thanks!
Louise
www.lacharronniere.com delightful gites in the Vienne countryside.