No longer a micro entreprise

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Antonia

No longer a micro entreprise

Post by Antonia »

Hi
Can anyone help? We have a registered business in France, which has been a 'micro-entreprise' so far, and this year for the first time we have gone above our earnings limit. and will need to apply for the next stage above this for income tax etc. I know we need to make an appointment with the tax office to find out, which we will be doing shortly, but does anyone have any experience of what this involves - which forms we would need to apply for, and what kind of taxes we would be likely to pay?
Any advice much appreciated.
Antonia
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi Antonia,
I think that Aillis is the only poster who has so far fallen into this category, so he is the best person to advise you! My accountant was trying to steer me towards becoming a réel simplifié, even though my income is not over the 76,300€ threshold for a micro. All I know that you need detailed accounts (receipts, expenses etc.) and also an accountant, but once you do that, he/she should do all the relevant work for you on the income tax and social contributions (which will be about 48% of revenue).
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

"My accountant was trying to steer me towards becoming a réel simplifié,"
Susan - WHY?????????????

(I think I'd change accountants.)
Best,
Alexia.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Alexia,
I think it is because I would have to pay him a lot more money if I fell into the regime réel category. That is why I went to the tax office before Christmas to check if what he was saying to me was true. In fact I have just typed out my letter of démission to the accountancy company, I don't need one just to fill in a tax return, or get incorrect advice!
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

" letter of démission" - well done!
On a different tack, the gentle ones among us might like to know, if they haven't already been confronted with this glaringly obvious fact, that French men think that women are always incompetent.
I've just come back from a short break in Paris where, once again, I have had this unpleasant fact brought home to me. Dining with a friend from NY, who is a partner in a big law firm there & a very smart lady, I found that we were treated with condescension & impatience beyond belief.
Best,
Alexia.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

ps
" I don't need one just to fill in a tax return, or get incorrect advice!"
Susan, pm me if you have a problem filling out the tax form!
Best,
Alexia.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Thanks Alexia, I'll take you up on that if I have any problems in May! I think you are right on the subject of French men, I find a lot of them condescending too. France is way behind the UK in the equality stakes. Can you imagine a woman being elected President anytime soon??
Ju

Post by Ju »

Antonia

We are in the same position as you. We are ok for 2005 but need to change regimes for 2006. We are meeting our accountant next week, I will let you know how it goes.

Ju
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

In this day and age there are far too many people who are all too ready to say "you have to this" or "you ought to that".

In many cases they are people in officialdom claiming to be "in authority".

In many cases they simply don't know what they are talking about.

Always demand an understandable answer to one simple question – “Why?�.

You should always know why you are doing something.

Alan
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Susan,
"Can you imagine a woman being elected President anytime soon??"
When Edith Cresson was Prime Minister she was constantly jeeered & wolf-whistled, told to take her clothes off....... an opposition MP, a woman, was so incensed by her party colleagues' behaviour that she turned on them & reminded them that in insulting PM Creson in this way they were insulting her as well.
No, I can't imagine a woman president in France!

Alan,
"You should always know why you are doing something" - this advice is SO important ..... and so neglected.
Best,
Alexia.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Alan,
that is excellent advice, I will question things more from now on. It's a good mantra to adopt for my next 40 years! I have to say that all the advice has been offered on this forum (free!!) has been worth tons more than anything professionals have ever told me.
Alexia,
Ah yes, Edith Cresson, probably best remembered for saying that one in four British men were homosexual. Possibly because they are a little more modest than French men and don't consider themselves irresistible to every female they meet (unlike their Gallic counterparts...)
aillis

Post by aillis »

Hi

Concerning the threshold for the Micro system you are allowed one year passing the limit by about 7500€ so I think from memory its a bout 83000€. This on the basis you might slip below the limit the following year
Make sure if you change you join "Centre de Gestation " which knocks 20% off your taxable revenue but otherwise welcome to high social contributions ( just had mine 617€ a month + some more later on ) accountants bills 1500€ but income tax wasn't much about 900€

Bloavez Mat
Ju

Post by Ju »

aillis wrote:Hi

Make sure if you change you join "Centre de Gestation " which knocks 20% off your taxable revenue
Bloavez Mat
What is this? is it something to do with the Chambre de commerce?

Thanks

Ju
aillis

Post by aillis »

Its something the accountant signed me up for it means your accounts are done by proper accountants. It costs about 300€ but is obviously good value . They also do courses and send me circulars which I dump in the bin
aillis

Post by aillis »

Forgot to mention the complusory pension contribution another 3or 4k