Bulk emailing

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Just checked my Google analytics and approx 6% of the visits to my website are as a direct result of my newsletter, so that is a success I think, albeit not yet translated into bookings.
Windy

Post by Windy »

LOL Wallypot - I've just hit exactly 34.9%

Oh no Nemo was right wasn't she :-)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Of course.....I've hung around you boys for long enough to know what you're like....... :wink: :lol:
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Haaaa. 35.9, 5.9% click thru! Competitive me?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Not just the boys then wallypott! :lol:
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

3 elder brothers was bound to have an effect.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Slight thread drift and apologies for being thick but is there anyway I can SEND the same email FROM 2 different email addressess simutaneously in outlook 2010?
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

37.3% opened & 6.4 click through.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Not wanting to miss out on the fun, I've had a play with Mailchimp and done my first mailing (last night) also. Probably too early to give the Mailchimp stats, but I've had one booking for next month as a result, so it's been worth it for that alone.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

If we're keeping a score card, I reckon 1 booking beats 100% click through.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

So true. And 0 bookings for me. I'm not in the same league but it gives me something to aspire to!
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

After nearly 24 hours, I'm at 27.9% opened and 9.1% click through rate (plus the one booking ;)).
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Having been inspired by you guys to do a Mailchimp newsletter I gote one out today. But just to the last 3 years English speaking guests and of those 268 emails got through. No booking (yet!) , but 5 new Facebook page likes, 37.7% opened and 10,4% clickthrough. Must do one in French now.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

After 24 hours 56,7% viewing and 20,5% click through. No bookings, but several more Facebook likes now and several personal emails from guests thanking me for the newsletter and giving an update on their situations too. One would have booked but there is no availability left in July now.
I'd always been sceptical about newsletters in the past but am now a (very late!) convert.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

I think that's a really good viewing/click rate, LV. Mine was sent out a few days before yours (Friday night), and I'm currently at 36.4% and 12.8% respectively.

What I also find interesting is how we're all seemingly performing well above the supposed industry standard. Makes you wonder what everyone else is doing!!