Consumer rights

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
enid

Consumer rights

Post by enid »

Hoping that some of you more londtanding French residents can advise. We have a spa which was delivered in Sept - it's lovely but we have had some problems. First the pump went and now the programmer to set the cleaning cycle isn't working. As we have no clients at the moment and it does a clean after every use anyway, we have set it to clean 1 hour in the night - but it keeps reverting to 4 hours a day!! I have been trying since 2 weeks before Christmas to get a technicien - they keep faxing us instructions for programming in English - even though we pointed out that the manual had instructions in English. They never phone back. They say they have no technicians available. Each week they say it will be next week. Finally after saying we were going to consult a notaire some boss man is coming today at 4p.m. - but the pert little secretary (who by the way had said she had tried to ring several times - tosh!) reminded us that if it was pilot error we would be billed for his time.

Can anyone point us to consulmer rights information.

Thanks for letting me have a moan.
enid

Post by enid »

As I pressed submit on my post the phone rang - it was thes pa company - oh so thephone number does work!! - now the boss man says that is isn't any use him coming as it is a technical problem so a technicien will come Monday and she will send a fax to confirm. Well there you go !
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I'm pleased that you have had a result at long last! Consumer rights do seem to be different and not nearly as generous in France as in the UK. For example the length of time you have to return something and the fact that if you return something as unwanted you get an 'avoir' and never your money back. I worked as a project manager for Dixons Stores Group in the UK and installed an IT system in the returns warehouse which housed supposedly for items that were returned from customers as faulty. 80% of items returned had nothing wrong with them, so maybe the UK system is too generous to consumers. Its a bit of a shock when you come to France and you realise the difference in rights!
Last edited by la vache! on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enid

Post by enid »

Let's hope things are put right on Monday - I'll let you kno. All that being said - I have been painting all day and have just had a spa - what a luxury - those shoulders and arms feel almost human again!!