For those of us with Google+ IDs...

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
kendalcottages

For those of us with Google+ IDs...

Post by kendalcottages »

Since it sounds like a few of us are dabbling with Google+ (I know I've exchanged circles - if that's the right terminology! - with a few of you already), I thought it might be an idea for those that want to that are members on here to give their Google+ profile URLs so we can add each other to circles, etc. if we want to.

I'll get the ball rolling by giving my Google+ profile URL as:

http://gplus.to/luxurytravel

(Full URL is actually https://plus.google.com/103354940515406506967 but I used the shortening service available at http://gplus.to/ for those that are curious.)

See some more of you around, hopefully...

Paul
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Windy

Post by Windy »

gplus.to/Windermerelodges

I love the fact that it shows people as "having me in circles" - am I really that confused? - only a bit :-)
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Don't all rush now...! ;)

By the way, if anyone wants/needs an invite, feel free to PM me with your email address and I'll send one out.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I've added both of you, but no idea if you know. Apparently you can now see all my Picasa albums, nothing is private!
Do you upset people if you add them as aquaintances and not friends? Are the netiquette rules for this?
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Thanks. :)

You get notified of anyone that follows you. I think I am already following you (certainly someone with the same avatar, anyway).

I think the other person only sees that you've been added, and not what circles you've been added to. Also, you don't have to stick with the circles that G+ dictates from the start, such as Friends and Acquaintances. You could created your own (eg. "LMH folk") if you wanted.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

kendalcottages wrote:I think I am already following you (certainly someone with the same avatar, anyway).
Lol, no, you are probably following Phil (Cassis on this forum) he has the same avatar but added some colours, so it is a bit confusing. My avatar on Google + is far less attractive.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Ah, sorry... think I've got you now. :)
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

As many of you know I love stats, but here is the most meaningless graph I have ever come across.

IMPORTANT: subscribers <> users
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !