Does anyone know of ? ......

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Fi

Does anyone know of ? ......

Post by Fi »

I have a property just on the borders of the Aude/Ariege and am looking for someone to take charge of changeovers for our holiday rental house. Does anyone know of such a person/company?

We are close to Quillan, Chalabre, Lavelanet and Mirepoix. We have already organised for a company to collect, launder and return the linens so just need someone to undertake the cleaning, cut a small area of lawn and perhaps supervise the pool robot. Any help or information would be gratefully received!

Fiona
www.lesjongleurs.com
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Oooo,err,won't the robot need a bit more than just looking at!!Mine keeps getting twisted.There will still be bits of debris to remove even with the robot and guests will either not take the robot out when using the pool or else forget to put it back in. Even an automatic pool system (dosing/ph etc) will need checking up on.You need a person who knows what they are doing with pools!!! I hope you find one :lol:
Fi

Post by Fi »

Hello Fraise

Yes I agree ... sorry,I meant to take out, clean out and put away really ...... Ours doesn't get twisted though and she's quite safe being left on her own to plough through her cleaning sequence. I think it's one of the best investments we've made - saved us no end of time and provided quite a few with entertainment! It's an Aquavac Tiger Shark and we call her Susan after my sister in law who is very fond of cleaning and her brother is a property developer and a bit of a shark! So far, touch wood, the chemicals we purchase through Waterair (the make of our pool) have performed beautifully so we hope this will continue!

Fiona
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Funny how we can get attached to inanimate objects!Mine is called Polaris ( the make!!) and we've spent many happy hours watching her antics!!!I also have one of those fish that you put batteries in and it swims around the pool-he's called Percy (the poisson).No,you're right, I don't get out much :lol: :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Fraise,

I too have a Polaris but I no longer use it. I have run many back-to-back tests, with and without it, and I no longer use it.

It is no doubt therapeutic to watch it wandering around the pool. It appears to have a mind of its own as it creeps up behind you and squirts water up your knicker leg when you’re not looking.

It has its own water system, it has its own pump and it has its own timer but is it any good?

I don’t think so. It’s OK at catching leaves and dead frogs but does it filter the water and improve its quality? Absolutely not! Its mesh is much too large for that.

I’ve listened to everyone, I’ve tried most of the approaches towards pool maintenance. Robots or no robots? Covers or no covers? Shut down or stay open for the winter? I have finished up with a very simple regime which works for me. No robots. No covers. No winter shut down, just a different routine. It all works for me but I am on-site.

Alan
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Alan,
"a different routine" - please tell!!!
Best,
Alexia.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Alexia,

What I mean by a "different routine" is, in the winter:-
  • I don't check and rectify at 7.00 every morning.

I run the pumps and filters for much shorter periods.

I need to use far fewer chemicals, e.g. chlorine burns off much more slowly, e.g. algae is almost dormant, e.g. pH is stable.
Before I had a pool I imagined they were hugely demanding and terribly expensive things to run. My experience indicates that the contrary is true.

Alan
enid

Post by enid »

Great - pool talk again - thoughts of summer!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

enid wrote:Great - pool talk again - thoughts of summer!
Not so sure about that. My last forum was all about pools. They talked the hind legs off pools and it was slightly less than riveting.

You’re right – summer is on its way. Can’t wait.

Alan
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Mmm,the hind legs off a pool,bit like the deep end of a donkey :lol: :lol:
Yay!! Summer thoughts.I'm busy thinking about travel/booking lots of French trips for the next 9 months,and yes....opening up the pools :D

www.thepetitmanoir.com