anyone in the dept 36?

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
chris mooney

anyone in the dept 36?

Post by chris mooney »

are there many people with gites,holiday homes or chambre d'hotes in the dept 36 ? we will be moving to our chambre d'hote in april and am thinking of setting up a contact group in the dept for like minded owners who can discuss and exchange ideas ,bargains,local suppliers,artisans,forthcoming events and activities, in fact anything that will be of interest to anyone resident or just visiting the area.for example we feel quite fortunate to have a really good team of local tradesmen working on our property...we would gladly recommend them to anyone,similarly we bought a brand new tractor mower at the bricomarche in chatillon in dec with a whopping discount..right place right time?? info like that might be of use to others.
if there is enough response am thinking of setting up a website devoted to all these ideas and info...where anyone can access info or post there own.
adventuruos chef about to embark on the his french culinary extraveganza!!!
Ali

Anyone in the dept 36?

Post by Ali »

Chris, I think that's a great idea.

We have a cottage we rent out in Ambrault, just the other side of Chateauroux from you, and a chambre d'hote in Foecy, which is in the Cher, right next to the Indre (dept 36).

I fear my advice re workmen may be on the negative side but I can certainly advise on what to guard against. It would be nice to share ideas with people who live in the area and maybe also meet in person.
chris mooney

Post by chris mooney »

hi ali ...nice to see your reply...have actually had a few more responses on the LivingFrance forum and suggested a list of ideas for people to keep everyone informed eg brocantes, antique fairs, good restaurants to recommend, the bargains at the DIY shop, and then perhaps set up an e-mail distribution list so that when we post an idea or event it goes out to everyone on the list also to the forum? i know a lot of people are not in the region all the time but at least everyone would be included in the distribution.
also suggested that if there was a special event going on in the region we could all meet up for coffee at a suggested cafe? i know the region is quite big but i'm sure we can all overcome geographical barriers.
would like to know your comments please.
regards
chris mooney
adventuruos chef about to embark on the his french culinary extraveganza!!!
Ali

Anyone in the dept 36?

Post by Ali »

Yes, that sounds good to me. I have done some serious research on restaurants in the Indre and hope to continue! It would also be excellent to meet up.

I shall have a look at the Living France forum as well.

Ali
Ali

Post by Ali »

I've just tried hunting through the Living France forums but its a big place and I can't find anything recent that sounds like this topic.