Should I be panicking yet?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
WELSH ANGEL

Post by WELSH ANGEL »

Wow:shock: Helen love the bathroom :lol:

A few suggestions for you :idea:

1)make do not bid BIGGER
2)More pics of Inside, is the outside views from your apt if so state this
3)special offers BIGGER

It look's fab good Job Helen :lol
YNDW DWI YN SIARAD CYMRAEG !!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Thanks, I love my bathroom too. !!! I will edit it, but ended up finishing it in a bit of a rush, 'cos I was at work, and it was nearly hometime. Something for after dinner I think.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

To everyone who wants to try this out, I followed Welsh Angels' formula, and have successfully booked a week in August (at full price), with a family of four. You can have a look at the ad HERE

H
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Following on from Helen's success, I thought I would have a go. The problem I have is that it won't let me register on an English site, because I am resident in Italy. The Italian site is of course only in Italian! My Italian is OK, but I am loath to sign up to T's and C's without properly understanding them.

I also tried to use my parent's address in the UK, but it doesn't like that either because all my UK accounts have Italian addresses, and it won't let me input them.

Any ideas?
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Have you still got a UK bank account? I have 2 ebay accounts, one UK with my parents address where my UK account is regsitered and one French.

BTW - congratulations on shifting the weeks on Ebay Helen - and thanks to Welsh Angel for her advice. I've tried twice and never even got a bid, so will definitely follow those tips next time.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Finally managed to get something set up after 8 hours on line. Lets hope I get a booking to cover the phone bill!

I'm not particularly happy with the layout, but couldn't find anyway of changing it. Helen - how did you manage to get the look you achieved.

If anyone is interested, my advert ref is 6639301621.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Another quick question. If someone bids despite all the notices, do I have to sell? (Just panicking that I could end up having to sell a week for 99p!).
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Welsh Angel is the expert on this one. I have set a reserve price equal to the weekly amount. If the bid is below the reserve price, the auction ends without a winner.

The layout- the text is done using HTML code (there are some hints and tips on the ebay site). The 'summer' look is selected when you add the photos. I think I selected 'seasonal' in the pirctures and details section.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Carole-Anne, it looks fine, you obviously already used the HTML for your text. A background gets it to stand out a bit more though, if you can find one suitable.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Not having a lot of luck at the moment - EBAY have removed my listing because it breaches their rules! They have specifically said:

Users may not use systems or techniques to circumvent, or avoid, eBay fees. Listings or content that circumvent (avoid) fees may provide a poor buying experience and create an unlevel playing field by penalising sellers who pay all of their eBay fees. Further, these listings and content undermine the trust of eBay's marketplace.

Offering the opportunity to purchase the item or other merchandise outside-of-eBay through the eBay Web site is not permitted.

That wasn't my intention, but I have to say that having spent so long trying to use the system, and now this, I'm not sure I can see the value of Ebay.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Carole-Anne, I guess they just haven't noticed mine and Welsh Angels ads then, as yours is very similar. perhaps I'd better not put up another one like it then, although I did do a 'buy it now' ad last time, I thought I'd give Welsh Angels' method a go. I haven't avoided fees though, just sellers fees,as the ad cost me money.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've altered mine to an auction with a reserve price for the last couple of days, so will pay a fee, and who knows!!! I think as newbies to ebay thoughm Welsh Angel should explain how she manages to get away with it!!!!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

There seems to be loads of similar ads, so not sure why they picked on yours.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

I'm going to have one last try. I've updated it and put a reserve price on - it won't let me use the Buy it Now option - I think because I'm a new seller.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I had a go a few weeks ago with no luck, not even a bid. Because I had a reserve price, the cost was 19 euros. Compared to my other advertising not a very good deal. I think you have to have used ebay as a seller 10 times before you can put something on without inviting bids.