Flights from USA to S.W.France

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Orion

Flights from USA to S.W.France

Post by Orion »

Hi everyone

I am gathering information for travel to S.W.France for prospective clients from the USA. I so far have only found flights fto Bordeaux or Toulouse from Canada (Francophiles I suppose?).

Does anyone out there have knowledge of flights from the USA to these aiirports? Otherwise does anyone have experience of how US clients travel to this part of France from their homes.

Thanks to all (and to Paulo - great forum).

Bill

http://www.aquitaine-people-and-property.com/phpBB2/
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Orion, I would expect they would have to get a connection in Paris or somewhere, where in the USA are they flying from?
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome to the forum, Orion.
I would be surprised if there were direct flights to anywhere other than Paris and Nice, but if you go to the website of each airport in the region, they should include a map or list of destinations served.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

All the guests we have had from the states have come via Paris or London, I am sure there are no direct flights from Toulouse.
Just taken a look at at Blagnac web site and toronto and Montreal are listed but when you check for the airline, there is no listing
Nessie
Orion

Post by Orion »

Thanks for the replies so far. I should have made my request more clearly.

I am trying to provide information to help attract future clients who are thinking of coming to holiday in SW France to rent a gite.

I have already checked both airport's websites which gave me the routes to Canada. I suppose what remains is the issue of which airport they can use to come to France. Thanks to replies so far it seems like Paris.

Thanks

Bill

http://www.aquitaine-people-and-property.com/phpBB2/
enid

Post by enid »

We have Amricanfirends who visit from North Carolina - for them Gatwick is the best transfer airport - then they fly on to Bordeaux
Babnik

Post by Babnik »

I guess the cheapest flights from the US/Canada would be to London. Maybe a trip to Stansted and a no frills flight might get them closer to wherever you are!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Generally the two cheapest destinations in Europe available via non-stop flight from the U.S. are London and Paris. Which is the absolute cheapest really depends on the season and what deals happen to be available.

I wouldn't expect to find any direct flights anywhere else in France -- perhaps to Nice, but even that seems unlikely to me.
Brooke
tansy

Post by tansy »

Paris - tell them to stop over to recover for a couple of days - see the sights - hire a car and then come to you... they'll then appreciate the French countryside more and not be totally wiped out when they arrive! Then will have better memories of your place.

I have a steady stream of Americans - all of them do this.

Sell it as a concept... hope that helps
it's all a learning curve!