End of VTAR in Andalucia?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
caroig

End of VTAR in Andalucia?

Post by caroig »

I just came across this article on the top rural blog. It will interesting to see what the new legislation will be.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Up at this end of the country The Xunta de Galicia are seemly getting stricter about enforcing the law regarding tourism accommodation.
This summer they were scouring the small ads for unlisted weekly rentals and also going after the unregistered Casa Rural, Hotels or B&Bs.
They feel it is better for tourism if everything is inspected etc. Whilst we agree with that principle; we feel that one other agenda the authorities may have is tax evasion. However there have been no drastic changes to the basic laws for man many years.
I suppose everyone will have to wait and see exactly what these news rules include. Enforcing upgrading of properties will only force more to run illegally.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

Thankyou for posting that link, caroig.

I hope they don't drop the VTAR registration numbers.
They haven't even been in use very long.

Why all quick change and turn around all the time here ? You only have to blink and an official office moves from one part of town to the next. It must all cost so much money to set things up and then drop them again so quickly ?

I find the registration numbers to be a very useful form of identification for prospective guests. I thought we were just at the start of this paperwork trail for "rural tourism" journey, not the end of it ?