Photoshop editing

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Nemo

Photoshop editing

Post by Nemo »

I created a picture for the top of my booking form and need to edit it. Trouble is I cannot work out how I did it, it's so long ago. :oops:

It is a photo with the name of the property layered (I assume) over it. It appears to be a partially locked image when I look at it in photoshop. I really am not that familiar with photoshop so any ideas as to what to do please?
DaveN

Post by DaveN »

Hi Nemo,
What are you trying to do, and which version of PS?

Cheers
Dave
Open for business.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Photoshop 7.

I want to add a word overlayed over the image. I now have a new photo that I have created to the correct size etc, so I just need reminding how I create a word (in white letters I think) and put it over the top?
DaveN

Post by DaveN »

Hi Nemo,
Then you should have a 'T' tool in your tool pallet (if that isn't visible, select it in the 'Window' menu at the top).

With 'T' selected click and drag a text area over your picture (which will create a new text layer), and type away.

Finally, when you are happy with the appearance of your text (you should also get a text formatting tool bar when you create the text layer) click the tick icon in the text formatting toolbar.

The (a) trouble with Photoshop is it's so easy to hide toolbars, tool options etc...
Open for business.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thanks. Sorted!

Yet another reason why
a) I must create my wordpress website and then
b) upgrade my PIMS subscription so that I can do online forms!
DaveN

Post by DaveN »

I wouldn't hesitate to go with Wordpress. Even a website newby like me could get to grips with it, so with your course under your belt you should fly!
But as with so many thinks it takes time to get it the way you want it to look, which must be in short supply at the moment!
Open for business.