Yahoo Business Mail interface

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
CarolineH

Yahoo Business Mail interface

Post by CarolineH »

I have my website hosted with Yahoo Small Business. This means that I have a Yahoo id and I can access my business mail through my Yahoo user and going through the small business menus to reach the mails that are sent to info@mywebsitename.com.

Most of the time I work with a desktop, and I download my emails to Mozilla Thunderbird. If I am away from home and I need to access my emails, I can log into the web interface above ... all no problem.

However, if I go away and there is no computer available, I cannot access my mail through my daughter's Iphone .... (yes, I know, she has one but I dont!! - her dad bought it for her!)
The iphone app for Yahoo does not support business mail, and I the web interface is unusable - it keeps asking me to copy a security code into a little window that I cannot see and cannot zoom into.

I'm going away over the christmas period and need to be able to read and reply to my emails, as (hopefully) this is a busy time for me. I was thinking about buying a laptop - but this seems an expensive solution to a little problem.

What should I do? I do have a gmail account for my private mails - can I redirect to that for a while?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Of course you can, you can set Gmail to automatically check the email for you, and then push it to the Iphone.
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

HelenB wrote:Of course you can, you can set Gmail to automatically check the email for you, and then push it to the Iphone.
When you say 'automatically check' what does this weed out?
I would love to forward important stuff only from gmail.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I don't think it will weed out anything TBH,as it will just check your Inbox and download.It doesn't download all of the message though.
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

Thank you, Helen, for making it sound so easy - could you help the ludite in me, by telling me how, please :oops:

Thanks
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

What iphone does your daughter have? The iPhone 4 (and maybe earlier versions now) set up gmail pop and smtp servers automatically, you just need to add your gmail ID and password (go to réglages-mail, contacts and calendriers, or easier (and better) just download the free Gmail App.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

You have two options. You can either forward the mail from your server to your Gmail account, or you can ask Gmail to check the server for you and download the mail.
For the second option. First option will vary according to the webmail provider.

Mail Settings>Accounts and Import>Check mail using POP3>Add a POP3 mail account you own. A pop-up will ask you to add the email address you wish to check . Enter it and go to next step. Enter the user settings , password and POP settings for your email address as provided by your webhost, and then save changes. You can also send replies via your webmail hosts server, using the 'send mail as' settings.

To push the Gmail account to Iphone. Enable Imap in your Gmail settings (Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab,

Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add account>Gmail>enter account details and click next, then save.
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

Thanks Susan - the Gmail/iphone is no problem, I've already loaded the Gmail app - but how to I get Gmail to check a POP3 mail account (my Yahoo small business end)?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Go to Gmail, settings, Forwarding and POP/IMAP, Forwarding, add your yahoo address there et voilà.
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answ ... swer=10957
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

LV that would forward Gmail to the Yahoo account I think.
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

Actually - it's the other way around that I need to do it - I need to import the Yahoo mail into Gmail - but it's ok, I found a topic on how to do it when I looked at the forwarding topic that you posted.

Thank you all ... you've saved me having to buy a laptop :D
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

:oops: Sorry about that, its been so long since I did it that I thought the info was in the forwarding link. I'm such a gmail convert, but I still use Outlook a little as well - it sorts things into date order which gmail doesn't do, but apart from that, to find customer details, booking forms, email addresses etc. gmail is perfect. If I didn't have it, I'd probably need a booking system.