What's made your day?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
enid

What's made your day?

Post by enid »

Today for me it was the plasterer who is working in the main house praising me for my joints in the annexe -we work so hard to make our part of the work as professional as possible I have to confess he brought tears to my eyes - better than many a professional he said - and he's a very macho French man so it was praise indeed!

What's lmade your day? :lol: :lol: :lol:
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

My good fortune today was I found my puller.

Spent most of yesterday trying to remove a propellor. 10 minutes after arriving this morning, it was off. I hr later, I had bought the replacement cutlass bearing, fitted it, remounted the propellor and mounted the anodes.

Joy is having the right tool. Wisdom is thinking it might be needed and remembering where you put it last !

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Finishing work tonight and a long weekend until Tuesday :lol: I've organised 2 large events in the last 2 days and had a million things to remember. Now I'm going to sleep on the sofa for an hour to unwind!

Thing that made my week - my dual fuel burning stove will be fitted in the cottage for our visit this weekend and our renovations are nearing an end. I look forward to our first log fire. Simple things but make me happy.
enid

Post by enid »

Joy is having the right tool. Wisdom is thinking it might be needed and remembering where you put it last !
I'v' got to type this out for over my husband's work bench!
I look forward to our first log fire
Have a great weekend Sue!
debk

Post by debk »

My son, who has been sick for weeks, is feeling much better.
Thank God and Hurrah Hurrah!!!!
debk
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

That's great news deb. I bet you feel like you've won the euromillions.

I'm shopping this weekend for a fireguard, and one of those things we used to call "companion sets" (are they still called that?) the brush, shovel, tongs etc. I know, I'm easy pleased!
paolo

Post by paolo »

debk wrote:My son, who has been sick for weeks, is feeling much better.
Well, I was struggling to come up with something, so this will do it for me too!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Well, I was struggling to come up with something,
Ah Paolo, and I thought it was chatting to all of us lovely people that made your day! :lol:
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Today ...was going to check that the new tiling, kitchen units and s/s extractor fan were up in the villa...and they weren't!! I am now panicking! The people we hired came in Tuesday to do the work....and I was promised that everything would be finished by today (Thursday)...found out that they had another job to do Wednesday...so could only dedicate half a day today to my kitchen!!

We've got guests arriving on Saturday evening......not a happy bunny!!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

How's everyone's renovations coming along? I've put some photos of our work in progress together to send to friends (it's not navigable from my main site). Fingers crossed things will come together this weekend ...

http://www.lilycottagebelford.co.uk/diy.htm

anyone want to buy a cast iron fireplace? :lol:
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

My (17 year old) son is back from a school trip to china tody - I've really missed him! Because of the time zone difference (he was 8 hrs ahead) when I've been at work at 3am I've been able to text him and say. 'what are you doing today' and due to the wonders of modern technology I get a reply back in the next minute 'going off to some square' (probably Tiananmen square...) ' or 'the great wall was cool' or whatever. One said 'trying to paint a bloody chicken in inks' (it's an Art trip). That really made my day....

And he just texted me to say they have landed safely after a 12 hr flight and collected their luggage, which has made my day today as you always worry a bit when your nearest and dearest take a plane ride without you....

All safe and well....

Debk - glad to hear (belatedly - just read this thread) that yourson is now feeling better after being so unwell.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
DivineMrsM

Post by DivineMrsM »

Silly really, but my 10yr old son polished off nearly every last bit of his roast dinner(supper) tonight. He's a picky eater at the best of times and living in London we almost never eat together as a family so it really made me happy all round. :D

Now to work on the 5yr old and 3yr old staying at the table until everyone else has finished... :roll: :lol:
Lynne
for Metropolitan Retreat in London https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6712284
and
Le Cheval Blanc in France https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6714302
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Apologies, a work-based one. I was on the phone to the States discussing some analysis I'd done.

"John, I can't find anything wrong with your calculations." (in a worried tone)
"I'll try harder next tiime, Jeff, and leave you some errors to find" (some Americans can cope with irony)
DivineMrsM

Post by DivineMrsM »

:lol: :lol:

That's so funny :)
Lynne
for Metropolitan Retreat in London https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6712284
and
Le Cheval Blanc in France https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6714302
gh

Post by gh »

Just back from "Tonight's the night" absolutely fab! All Rod's hits with great effect's packed house, singing and dancing in the aisles, made me feel like a teenager again :wink:
Yes I do have a good memory :lol: :lol:

I am sailing i am sailing.....................