Creating a Facebook page for your business Part 1 2012

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Which image, Wally? The one on my FB page?
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Yes on the tab. Kind of a graphic.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

The My Tab one? It is the app My Tab, which I used for my landing page. Which is now redundant :(
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

How do you choose the order that info is displayed in in the about box on the left under the main photo? I was wondering if the recommendations box might be linked to having hotel in the box first, but I can't get my info to do that either!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

You have the recommendations box on your page, Wallypot, I've just checked.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

So why can't I see it?

I can I can, but not when I am logged in as Normandie Rentals, only when I'm logged in as me.

Cool. Cheers LV
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Um, it may be that I'm a bit sleepy, but I can only see my page when I'm logged in as Gascony Magic - not when I'm logged in as me. :?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I don't know how it happens gg, but if I logged in as Normandie Rentals I can't see the recommendations, but when I am logged in as myself and looking at the NR page I can see the recommendations box - now I just need to get someone to recommend me!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I *think* you have to be listed with your full address on info and map in your profile to have the recommendations box.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I put my full address in to my profile, but it won't accept it.
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

la vache! wrote:I *think* you have to be listed with your full address on info and map in your profile to have the recommendations box.
Yes, I agree LV, I do think that you have to be recognized by Facebook as a "Place" and not just a "Page" in order to get recommendations.

Back in the old days (last year?) Facebook used to have separate types of pages for "Places" and "Business Pages," etc...

If you have "Map" as one of the "tabs" below your cover photo, then (I think) that means you are recognized as a "Place" and not just a "Page."
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I also tried adding an address to define a "place" but it won't recognise anything I try. I also did a "checkin" from my phone but was then unable to merge the place to my page, even although the place and page name had identical names. In the end I gave up on the "place"
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Me too. It keeps telling me that my address is not valid ... :shock:
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Okay, I've been struggling long enough. I'm off to add our Work-In-Progess FB page to the sticky list, and to post likes to those on the list from my personal page (which I don't use, so if you check back you won't see much!) This is all virgin territory to me, so let's hope I've got something set up right! Then I'll feel more confident about spending some time on the FB page!

Here's the link I'm about to post:
www.facebook.com/GreenBarnCottages
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

GB, how interesting that you managed to get your FB page URL with just a couple of likes .... rather knocks on the head the stuff we were all spouting here a few months ago about having to have 25 of them!