Charente, Ruffec area, access to a piano

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
john_barugh

Charente, Ruffec area, access to a piano

Post by john_barugh »

We have two American music professors coming to stay at our house near Ruffec in April and May. One would like access to a nearby piano, both to play and to compose. We are in Villegats, just south of Ruffec. Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

You need to do a search for backline companies in France, like http://www.eurobackline.com/indexEnglish.html I would encourage your guests to sort this out for themselves ( less hassle for you, and if they bugger it up, it won't be down to you )
Cheers
PC
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I would start with asking the Mairie, they tend to know everything about everyone and would perhaps know someone in the Commune with a piano.
Just a word of warning, Paul is right if they want a piano in the house, get it done professionally as they are a real pain to move around especially if there are steps. Luckily our neighbour helped move my piano in his tractor scoop thing when we moved into the house next door, but it still took 3 men and me to lift it up and over the front doorstep.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

You say they are American music professors, so they are not going to be happy with any old joanna from the local school or village hall.

Get a few links to professional backline companies, and then they can make a decision on what they want, and you don't need to worry.
Cheers
PC