Starting a B&B and becoming autonomo in Andalucia

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Jesselliot

Starting a B&B and becoming autonomo in Andalucia

Post by Jesselliot »

We are hoping to open a small B&B in Andalucia. Can anyone offer advice about becoming self-employed. The monthly cost of the social security payment is astronomical, how does everyone else manage?
CSE

Post by CSE »

Hi and welcome to LMH
You have to take advise from A Gestoría. There are a few ways you can set yourself up. SS (as you call it) does depend on your age. But it is important. Because health and welfare is important. We pay little taxes for the likes of the house etc so there is a balance. But as I said good advice is the first step.
Are you intending to register with the Junta de Andalusia too?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
camel

subject

Post by camel »

"cost of the social security payment is astronomical"

Why do you think there is such high employment in Spain, the majority wants to work for the Government ???, No one sets up business in addition to petty rules just to extract few €s from people.

You start paying the social security from day one. They dont allow you to make profit or let you build your cash flow. As a result you need to have or borrow captal just to pay social security.

In Spain if any one is to set up business. They are considered as rich & loaded so the vultures are out to extract money.
Jesselliot

Re: Starting a B&B and becoming autonomo in Andalucia

Post by Jesselliot »

Jesselliot wrote:We are hoping to open a small B&B in Andalucia. Can anyone offer advice about becoming self-employed. The monthly cost of the social security payment is astronomical, how does everyone else manage?
Thanks for all the messages. Maybe if the Spanish government came up a "Business start up" scheme so many wouldn't try and work illegally. We want to register and get a VTAR number but without paying our autonomo is that a wise move? I have already downloaded the necessary forms and information to look through.
CSE

Post by CSE »

By VTAR I assume you mean IVA is that correct?
You will not be able to cliam back any Taxes without paying into the System.
Don't how your breath for any support from the Government be it National or from the Junta. They were things of the past, not now.
Jesselliot

Post by Jesselliot »

casasantoestevo wrote:By VTAR I assume you mean IVA is that correct?
You will not be able to cliam back any Taxes without paying into the System.
Don't how your breath for any support from the Government be it National or from the Junta. They were things of the past, not now.
No, VTAR as in vivienda rural. I would imagine that without
being autonomo it wouldn't be wise to apply to the Junta anyway.
I know we can't claim back for IVA without paying in, same as UK.
There are still grants are available in some areas but only for very large scale projects.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Lucky there are something available in the south...here in Galicia there is no new money for restorations or conversions of buildings into Casa Rurals.I have heard that the Xunta (Junta) is also "hunting down " the illegals. Thankfully there are not so many at the moment.