A different approach ?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
mpprh

A different approach ?

Post by mpprh »

Hi

I came across this website recently : http://www.latuileriedubazalac.com

This seems to be the B&B equivalent of a designer hotel.

The website relies heavily on Flash. It looks great, but may suffer with the search engine robots ?

The property itself is wonderfully presented. Check out each section. A premium modern B&B ?

Is this the way to go if you want premium customers paying premium prices ?

What do people think ?

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Ju

Post by Ju »

Well it is certainly different. Not my cup of tea but I'm sure they will be popular.

Personnally I think the website needs more text, it's all very classy, but doesn't even tell you how much the room rates are.

I won't be going down this route, but anyone who has enough money to set up in this way (minimalism is VERY expensive) could well be successfull.

Ju
DivineMrsM

Post by DivineMrsM »

Blimey! It's really fab. A touch too modern for my tastes with the kids in tow (can you imagine what a chocolatey hand would do to those walls?! :o ).

Having said that, I love the pool area and the shadey cubby hole type lounger thingies. Perfect in the height of summer and superb for kids when they need to be out of the hottest sun but still with everyone else.

Thanks for that link.
Lynne
for Metropolitan Retreat in London https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6712284
and
Le Cheval Blanc in France https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6714302
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Took too long to load for me - I couldn't find a way of jumping the intro, so I voted with my mouse. Too clever by half.

John
de Orellana Plantagenet T

Post by de Orellana Plantagenet T »

Certainly different - I didn't like it!

de Orellana Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemache
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Tarifs now online, they are around 75 -105 euros per night
gh

Post by gh »

Minimalist accomodation has a place in the market.

Not for me in Rural France for a family holiday, Paris yes, stayed at Le A, fantastic and in London The Metropolitian.
Would love to stay at such a place if it was just us, however, not for gr.parents and youngsters in my personal opinion.

Their location is good for the young and hip market.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Funny enough, our house is quite minimalist.... there is an IKEA near Seville and we kitted out our house from head to toe in IKEA. It's quite a modern house, very square and light and modern and twee spanish knick knacky stuff just wouldn't have worked so we made a conscious decision to go for a modern look and great big pictures on all the walls. The house is light and bright and it can take it... And it does seem to have worked... it definitely isn't everyone's cup of tea but those who want it REALLY want it.

Having said that, we aren't precious about it - it was dead cheap to furnish and we welcome families with children as we have got 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. One time 2 families were sharing and there were some toddlers there. We stayed after them, arriving the day they left and we arrived whilst our agents were still cleaning so we said we'd finish it off. It was really endearing to see the little toddler height sticky handprints on all the patio doors and outside on the sun terrace there were little piles of shells in all the corners.... I could just imagine a toddler squatting down and sorting through them all... there were also some little baby watering cans and duck bath toys left behind... it made me really misty eyed.... and the families said they'd had a great time.... so minimalist homes can be family friendly too....of course we still equip the kitchen out with everything everyone wants and there's books and mags and DVDs and a playstation so we are not so far up our own backsides that the look of the place takes precedence over people having a great time....
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

We've done our place out in IKEA too, the 'alpine-style' stuff just looked to tatty in our price range. As the kitchen units included were quite modern in style, the IKEA look seems to suit it. Cheap to replace if we need to as well.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Helen, your post prompted me to have another look at your website and the decor looks perfect for a ski chalet. Very nice. (It wouldn't suit our house in rural Normandy, but horses for courses and all that :) ).
However, the exception to that is the bathroom - we are planning to update ours this year and I like the look of your shower. Can you tell me where you sourced it. Was it from IKEA too? And are you happy with it - is it robust enough for holidaymakers? Any advice gratefully received. Thanks!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Catherine, it was supplied by the builder, and I didn't even choose it. I'll see if there are any manufacturers markings on it when I'm out there at Easter.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

We're having a new Ikea being built in Malaga...due to open 2007...can't wait!
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Me too!!