Controversial content ...

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
mpprh

Controversial content ...

Post by mpprh »

Hi

There seems to be a campaign by animal rights activists aimed at regional websites in Languedoc Rousillon.

You can read a couple of the recent comments here.
Of course, it is cruel, and cannot be defended.

What should website owners do ?

Peter

[/url]
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
John Borg

Post by John Borg »

Peter,
I sympathise with you, because it's the same for us here in Malta. Animal rights / anti-hunting lobbyists are doing the same to us, enciting tourists to blacklist Malta, due to our "uncontrolled hunters". I agree with their cause, but not their methods.
In a recent survey, when asked what I would do if tourists gave up on Malta due to their campaign, I answered that "if I go out of business due to the lobbying of your groups, thus unable to feed my family, I will resort to hunting, and if I'm desperate, no hunting laws/regulations will stop me!". Obviously it was tongue in cheek, but the survey girl was disgusted. I'm sure the message got through to her superiors!
Last edited by John Borg on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malta – always in the sunshine!
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

From the no-hunting country of UK, this is a problem we do not face. What worries me is that the trend seems to be one of anarchy - if you don't like something, even if it is within the law, you will break the law to stop it.

We've had animal activists prevent the building of a research lab in Cambridge; we've had demonstrators inciting murder against the Danish cartoons.

Most of us just want to get on with our life and live within the law. How should the silent majority react?

John